Let's hear about the fine folks of AS...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would probably be quicker for me to mention the people that haven't helped me. Everybody I've dealt saws/parts with here has been more than great. :cheers:

there is a common bond among the members of this forum that i have noticed. All of them will at a moments notice drop what they are doing to help a friend. That is a trait that i thought was long gone, not only in this country that i call home, but around the world.

This forum has reestablished my faith that there are good men and women on this planet, regardless of where you go, what country you visit, if you are in need, friends are just seconds away.

There are members from nearly every continent on this planet and to name just a few would be a travesty, i believe there are great folks that are members here, and just reading some of the post reaffirms my belief.

To the op, my hats off to you sir, great thread!

exactly!!!

Way too many names for me to give props to. I'll start with Tommy Hall. Burvol and gologit, albert and Oscar. Don't want to miss Avalancher and Spike60 too. Man I feel like I'm at the Oscars and delivering my acceptance speech...Jerry Meyers(pioneerguy600) has always offered help when my dumb *&^ can't find what end of a wrench to turn. Brad Snelling is always a help too. MCW(Matt) and the Aussie contention are a great group as well. Mark-Manatarms is a good friend whom I met here too. Can't say Ive met a single person here I wouldn't be proud to call "friend".

How about darrin for hosting this party !!!

Last edited:
all of the above

I love this place! Found it google searching for some chainsaw issues and whammo, the font of all wood slicing and dicing knowledge in one site! And the camaraderie is great! From the 2 strokin'mods to the resurrecting old saws and figgerin out what is up with recalcitrant "almost runners" to the home brew devices to the haulers and the knowledge of felling, bucking, technical takedowns, the milling..all of it and more. One of the best places on the WWW if you ask me for the guys who like to get into the trees and have fun and do useful stuff....

..now if I only had enough spare loot to take advantage of some of the deals in the classifieds..... ;)

..I am working on the pile of saws though so I can get on to the swapping action as well...

The list is long, I am not sure where to start. They guys that frequent the fight thread are a huge help Ron, Jerry, Jim, Ohio gregg, modified mark heck it goes on and on. I have had guys send me parts and whole saws. I wish I could remember everyone by name.

I hope others have found me to be helpful as well. If not I need to try harder.

I have always loved chainsaws and when I had to give up backcountry snowmobiling I was in search of a new hobby. I found this site and have been helped with every question and gotten great feedback on every post. It's hard to beat the steep and deep but wrenching on a saw in my garage is pretty sweet. I catch alot of crap for having four saws and no real need for them but I don't care cause I know I'm not alone. blsnelling, sawdr, and mtngun always seem to have an answer for me so thanks fellas. Semper Fi.

Alot of good guys on here and I won't name a 1 of them because I know I'll forget too many. I've had alot of great encounters on this site. Made alot of what I consider friends on here also.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:TO ALL THE GOOD AS MEMBERS THAT HAVE HELPED ME OUT IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!

Have never received any negative info,comments etc. Every one has been 100% helpful, & some ,[I will not name any one for fear of leaving some one out] have gone out of their way to help more than 100%, to every one I`ve had dealings with, Many, Many, Thanks. Al.

I give thanks to the "Cantdog" & "Chainsaw Lady" for the parts they sent when needed. Thanks to all the other members for posting helpful tricks, tips, and hints to keep the saws going.
:cheers:

Well I got to say the folks I have meet from AS have been great! Got teh chance to meet a few at teh badger steam and gas show. Some have even made it to the antique show here in my town.
Also I would like to thank Barneyrb again for what he did when I was helping him out.
Then there is a guy from out west that built me a great saw. JJ thanks again man, your other goodies should be going out next week.
To all of those also that answered my questions thanks much
Later
Bob

What makes the AS clan different?

I agree with all the previous comments; so much knowledge and goodwill spread so freely around here on AS. But reading these posts brought up a question in my mind: What is it that makes the AS clan so different? Is it because the chainsaws themselves will suffer no fools and you'd better have your act together or you'll lose a body part? Is it something about having a mechanical inclination and aptitude to work with your hands and take a machine apart to make it better than new? Is it because we're out in the fresh air with the smell of 2-stroke exhaust in the morning?

All this just set me to wondering about these things...

Olyeller

I have asked many many "newby" questions, and have received great answers.
I have traded with lots of members, guys that I would not know if I saw them on the street but all very honest and standup guys.
I will not mention names, you know who you are - have helped me more than you know.

I come here for the friendship, the saw knowledge, and the feeling that I belong.

I get all three in spades.

I did some trading in the swap meet section recently, met a guy named Jacob J. who had the parts I needed. We struck a deal, and since I was new here I offered to send my side first (sign of good faith and all that crap) but he wouldn't hear of it. I actually received two separate shipments from him before he even got to see his saw.

That's a good feller right there! :clap:

I"ll call out Brad, for putting out great videos. one stands out of him and his father cutting up a tree near a highway. Everyone responded with such positive comments. I felt compelled to join.

Lots of good guys on here! First that comes to mind is JacobJ, he's helped me out right from the start when I was still wet behind the ears, Aussie1 has been most helpful, and MCW helped me out greatly too! and many others! Most everyone on here I enjoy, with the exception of a few.

Last edited:
Back