Let's liven things up a bit, youtube and what ever else you guys can think on

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Cruising youtube this evening killing time, holy smokestacks. There are a few fantastic cutters there. But. There are also some wonders of the world to be seen. Talk about strap pull'in and power buck'in son of guns. Some of these are on production jobs not weekend wanna bee's. Man O man if I broke that much wood or pulled straps the size of my leg that often, boy I would be out of a job in no time. Seems like some of these guys target stumps when the look at there drop zone. Some of these guys are proud of the job they are doing too.

Anybody got anything. Movies, fire restriction time killing ideas, new saws, project saws, new job coming up or wrapping up. Anything, just seems kinda dull around lately.

Owl

Last edited:
I'm drinking coffee and waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in. Is that exciting??:D

The volunteer group I was with yesterday, is trying to get a local group to form to do trail work. I said I couldn't really think of anybody here. A guy said he thought it would be easy to get a group of timberworkers together to do the work. I said I thought that loggers needed a day or two of rest after working 5 or 6 days a week. Was I correct? :msp_confused: If such a crew could be formed, it might be a dream team.

The group yesterday did well. Most folks were computer workers during the week. They meet at 9, but then forms must be signed, tool safety gone over, safety explained and that is about an hour. We quit at 3 to walk back. I'm not complaining. It was hot and i was glad it was a short day, although the digging was easier where we ended than the rockpile where we started work.

It rained here a bit this morning. You might have to go to work tomorrow.

Cruising youtube this evening killing time, holy smokestacks. There are a few fantastic cutters there. But. There are also some wonders of the world to be seen. Talk about strap pull'in and power buck'in son of guns. Some of these are on production jobs not weekend wanna bee's. Man O man if I broke that much wood or pulled straps the size of my leg that often, boy I would be out of a job in no time. Seems like some of these guys target stumps when the look at there drop zone. Some of these guys are proud of the job they are doing too.

Anybody got anything. Movies, fire restriction time killing ideas, new saws, project saws, new job coming up or wrapping up. Anything, just seems kinda dull around lately.

Owl

Hey now, I'm semi-retired....life is supposed to be dull. :laugh:

You coming over to La Pine for the GTG?

I'm drinking coffee and waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in. Is that exciting??:D

It rained here a bit this morning. You might have to go to work tomorrow.

Yes ma'am it is, bout as exciting as I have been the last couple days.

Got some rain here also and yesterday too. Much better than the heat we had the tail end of the week.

In deed there is work tomorrow, I think I'll take my ibuprofen tonight also and hope it helps for morning.

Good times, good times.

Owl

Owl

Owl, good to see you're still around these parts. Don't go too stir crazy.

Latest posts

Back