Lets Play a game...how many mistakes can you spot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea the video had been bashed before. All the more reason he should have deleted that poor example of what is supposed to be safe work.

He shouldn't delete it... he is getting some money from it!! Did you guys see the ads on the video? Click on those ads and give the guy a few cents for his troubles.

well caleath, tell us how many you found....

Shoes or lack there of, this is the one that really got my attention.
Face shield not it use, I couldnt tell if there were glasses on under there or not, I dont have a problem with not using the face shield but its there. How silly it would be to get something in your eye when it was there the whole time.
Long pants, I have to think this should be a must using any power tool. Yes I mow with jeans on even in the summer.
He seems to handle the saw pretty well. I dont know if I would cut around all that steel and rubber tire in my path.

Really the shoe thing bugs me the most. Before anyone ask why right I have to complain. I have worked in some sort of job all my life that involved working in extremely dangerous conditions. 15 years at DFW airport. I worked where airplanes were repaired and where they moved about. I worked on conveyor systems, jet bridges etc. Now i get to climb telephone poles, work around extremely high voltages etc.

It is never a bad idea to be too careful.

I can't believe you all missed it, and maybe I should wait a few days to see if someone gets it...... Nah, I can't believe no one mentioned how he is drop starting his saws, especially the last two. We all know that these saws should be started on the ground with a firm grasp on the handle bar and our foot on the foot pad.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Oh wait I drop start all the time, at least he has chaps and a helmet.

drop starting....humm..not sure his foot would have worked to hold the saw down with no shoe.

I wanted to add...he isnt the only video of folks running saws I have seen that make me cringe. A few I know for a fact are members here. Just so you know I wasnt trying to single this guy out.

drop starting....humm..not sure his foot would have worked to hold the saw down with no shoe.
still not as bad a a few I've seen here that hold the saw by the top handle and yank the cord and think that is the right way to do it and 9 out of 10 times they have the trigger locked and while they are yanking on the cord the saw is rocking and the bar gets very close to their leg, look around for videos, you'll see them.....

as far as the bare foot and shorts.......you ain't never been to WV have ya....

Last edited:
What's with all the throttle blipping?
"zzz, zzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzz, zzz, zzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzz, zzz..."
Tourette's of the finger I reckon.

What's with all the throttle blipping?
"zzz, zzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzz, zzz, zzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzz, zzz..."
Tourette's of the finger I reckon.

nah he was holden the trig steady ,saw was runnin rich lean rich and so on says it cuts reeaal gooood that ways gives you more time to move yer foot out the way of them fallin cookies

Back