Let's see them Jeeps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the pics and vids. I get frustrated watching a video and seeing what needs top be done to go over an obstacle someone is struggling with, then another guy comes and walks right throug, I love that. :D

I believe in smart wheeling, not mash the gas. :msp_scared:

^ likewise, there is a time and place for the throttle and if your stuff is able to handle it then use the throttle as you please. That guy in the yota just didn't care and we made it clear if he broke being stupid we weren't going to be pleased. As for most everyone else in those videos we're all great friends and know our limits. The funny thing is that most of those guys had much bigger rigs and verged on buggies at one time and they have went back to the 33-35in tire range because that is where they have the most fun. My cherokee in those videos has come a loooooooooong way since then hahaha

^ likewise, there is a time and place for the throttle and if your stuff is able to handle it then use the throttle as you please. That guy in the yota just didn't care and we made it clear if he broke being stupid we weren't going to be pleased. As for most everyone else in those videos we're all great friends and know our limits. The funny thing is that most of those guys had much bigger rigs and verged on buggies at one time and they have went back to the 33-35in tire range because that is where they have the most fun. My cherokee in those videos has come a loooooooooong way since then hahaha

Thats funny to hear, I'm building my frame off yj right now, and I'm going to end up right there also. Dana 44's and some 35's, and enjoy the heck out of it. Now days thats very mild, and most guys think you don't have anything if you don't run at least 38's or 42's and 1 tons.

Another downside is the trails are getting effected by the 42" tires and tons of wheel speed.

I'm currently working on cutting down a HP44 from a ford and running a real bastard combination of knuckle parts and outers to put under my Cherokee which is also my daily driver :) End result will be half ton brakes, lockouts, all replacement parts will be over the counter even the inner axles and stubshafts, and a bit tougher than my HP30, running 34in LTB's or a 35in radial m/t and be able to really hammer it if I want.

My buddy with that maroon CJ is currently cutting down a GM 60 front and a 14bff cab n chassis rear to put under it with 3in of stretch up front and 38's. He wants to be able to really use his v8 in the snow and when he needs it, he's also going to be spring over with stock YJ springs and slider boxes instead of shackles. We've all been gettin a bit further towards the gnarly side but keeping them street legal and being able to drive them as we please which is the real fun of it, being able to driver your rig anytime and anywhere you want. I'm also working on a '63 CJ5 for myself and can't decide what I want to do with it yet...

I'm currently working on cutting down a HP44 from a ford and running a real bastard combination of knuckle parts and outers to put under my Cherokee which is also my daily driver :) End result will be half ton brakes, lockouts, all replacement parts will be over the counter even the inner axles and stubshafts, and a bit tougher than my HP30, running 34in LTB's or a 35in radial m/t and be able to really hammer it if I want.

I built a hybrid sort of for my front also with a scout dana 44, and gm outters. So all the outter parts and brakes are big bearing 1/2 ton stuff on mine also. And the gm parts are on every parts shelf for half the price of scout parts. And I have a matching bolt pattern rear 44 from a centered waggy.

I'm building the straight six stroker for mine.

My trail rig

0312121904.jpg

One of my daily drivers, a resto modded 1990 XJ

P1020698.jpg

My other daily driver, a 09 HEMI

P1020177.jpg

My wife's Jeep

P1020176.jpg

My son's Comanche (MJ)

1313970986.jpg

The jeep above is actually mine. I lost my login info and the forum would not email it to me so I had to create a bogus account to figure it out. [/carry on]:msp_thumbup:

I have a 05 Rubicon LJ. 100% stock. Some pics of the area where I live

lj.jpg

trip6171212.jpg

aac9.jpg

ru15.jpg

10485012093ade739.jpg

j9.jpg

j8.jpg

j7.jpg

Back