Lets see them Muffler mod pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There sure are some nice Mufflers posted, I have always been a fan of the shotguns, O wait I like guns maybe thats why. Guns are another bad habbit of mine

029 Super

Easy Mod. Made a big difference. The outer muffler shell behind this cover matches this hole, so its a straight-through exhaust.

There are already 2 7900 mod pics here. The one DB shotgun mod and the welded washer with spark arresting screen mod (CU's), just look for the dolmar dawgs.

I think his saw is still in the box so he doesn't know what it looks like. But, he KNOWS he needs to mod his muffler to be a kewl dood!

I would like to see some 7900 mods :popcorn:

Just because it isn't red, doesn't mean it is not a 7900

attachment.php

you guys are funny, I seen them and i know the Makita's are Dolmar's, I like the DB muffler and the Makita one sofar, but i'm sure there are others.........

lol

I think his saw is still in the box so he doesn't know what it looks like. But, he KNOWS he needs to mod his muffler to be a kewl dood!

LOL, you quoted the F-ed up post of mine. I thaught the welded washer one was of cu's, then I seen the husky dawgs and went oh S:censored: t and changed it but you beat me to it.:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

Fresh from Walker's shop and back home on the 2100 again - I'm itchin' to fire it, but I don't want to scare the neighbourhood :)

I was thinking the same thing Andy...

Some muffler "mods" just don't make sense to me...

But... again, that is just me. A lot of them seem pointless.

Gary

and... better wear Fireman's gloves if you want to use the saw on its side - like felling...

Last edited:
It's pretty much a milling only saw, so the hands are far away (one on the throttle, one on the mill, none on the handle). The old ex. outlet bounced the exhaust off the ground and back in my face so I was in a cloud for the whole pass down the log. Not pleasant and it kinda takes the fun out of it. This way the exhaust is up and away from the normal orientation of the saw and It should make for cleaner breathing air. As for the rubber, I thought the same thing, but the old outlet is about the same distance away as the new ones, just on opposing sides and these outlets are actually in front of the handle, not pointed right at it. The pictures make it look worse than it is.

I'll be milling a 30" walnut this weekend with it, I guess we'll know soon enough.

Last edited:
Milled the walnut today and I gotta say, I'm pretty pleased with the muffler mod. I'm not sure it has more oomph - never milled a walnut before so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I was running a little faster than an inch per second in 16" (ish) wide wood (someone stole the big end of the log!). Pretty hard to complain.

But the really nice thing was that there was absolutely no exhaust in my face - first time that's been the case. It was all re-directed away from me and boy, did that ever make a difference.

Oh - the handle still has all it's rubber and in fact never even got warm (I was milling w/o gloves and checked it a few times) - no problem.

I'm not sure the mod could be better for the purpose it was supposed to serve. At this point I'd not change a thing.

having your son run the mill for the first time was just plain cool :)

Nikko

Last edited:
here's pictures of one i have to clean it up still.....(hope they show up...first picture post)
it looks bad but 5 minutes and only a mig welder...no other tools :confused: cept dremel so had to weld with muffler on..,,:jawdrop: :dizzy:

Back