Lets see them Muffler mod pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my 346xp I just did. Sounds good.
346xpmuff.jpg

028s

i picked up the first 028 form a guy i work with it runs great so far the others i bought from a fella i did some work for. He had three of them and sold all three for 100 bill.They run wont need work. I am a freak for chain saws i have many many more ha ha but only list the ones that i like

ms310

This is the muffler gremlin did for me(thanks gremlin,great job).Sorry about pictures its my first time with my sisters camera.I cant get the pictures on right now will try later.

Did you get any measurable gains from just the muffler and carb retuning? I might do mine also, but it's so damn loud right now it "hurts" ;)

Sure is nice to have the removable panel!

It picked up some, maybe 10-15%, then port work helped some too, total 30 or 40% over stock. But it's a conservative porting job as it will spend some time milling.

it worked pretty good yesrterday, but could not get it to idle at all, finally gave up..but it cuts much stronger...20inch square tooth and if i use the dawgs, i can pull hard with one arm on the tank handle in oak that's been cut down for about 3-4 months, but if i cut straight down without turning the saw by using dawgs, it will literally let me lean over it, but after a while the low end finally gives out. :greenchainsaw:
The best way to get rid of that idle nag is to adjust the pop off pressure to 15-17 lbs. Kind of like installing a set of exhaust headers & then expecting the carburator to keep up with it. Interestig though nowhere will you find info on it . I'm beginning to think the boys upstairs had something to do with this starting years ago.

Jonsered CS 2135 T muffler mod

Taken out the small outlet and open it up, and I can use the spark-screen if I need to...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi how does it run now? Is the idle steady? Does it hold tune?
I think the exit hole you have is bigger than what i have on my 7900!
Blsnelling had problems when he went too big on the exit on one of his saws and it wouldnt hold tune or idle well

ms 310

Trying to post pictures again,dont seem to be having any luck.I have them in PC but when I try to get them on I keep getting (upload of file failed)any advice would help:givebeer:

Trying to post pictures again,dont seem to be having any luck.I have them in PC but when I try to get them on I keep getting (upload of file failed)any advice would help:givebeer:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=62534&page=5&highlight=post+pictures

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=18967

Try the above they should be enough wisdom to help you through!
Fair chance you havnt made the pics small enough to be accepted
Cheers if your still stuck ask again

Trying again to put a picture on:bang:

File size under 300k?

Yup, Make sure your file size (picture) is under 300 (right click on the picture on your computer and then left click on "properties" and it will tell you the file size) if it's over 300 you will need to down size it.

and then follow the instructions in this thread

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=65204

still the best explanation ever offered on AS (IMO) nice job Will :clap:

Last edited:
Hi how does it run now? Is the idle steady? Does it hold tune?
I think the exit hole you have is bigger than what i have on my 7900!
Blsnelling had problems when he went too big on the exit on one of his saws and it wouldnt hold tune or idle well

It run's great, best at WOT 13600 whit spark-screen (max recommended RPM 13800). The exit hole is not so big :D , about 70-80% of the cylinder muffler port.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back