Lets see them Muffler mod pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fs250.jpg

Muffler modded FS250 strimmer
The deflector pipe is a 17mm socket welded on with MIG the hole is 13mm and it runs a treat.

The first picture is my MS660 mod. I enlarged all the internal holes in the basket, enlarged the outlet, and then welded on an extension to keep the exhaust from blowing on the saw at the serial number. The saw is just a bit louder and has some power increase and retains the stock spark screen.

attachment.php

On my MS361 I took the muffler apart and gutted it, opened up the outlet and added an exhaust extension. This saw runs great and is much louder than stock but not horribly so. The extension is not as factory looking as the 660 version but does a good job keeping the exhuast stains off the saw.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Id like to do a muffler mod on my 361 and ms230,

As have never seen one done in the flesh before, i have a few questions.

-Does it matter where i make the new outlet hole?
-what size should the outlet hole be?
-what carby adjustments are needed?
-will this affect the warranty?
-will it be to loud to use in built up area's?

Any advise would be greatly appriciated.

:cheers:

Pistonbroke:

Welcome to the site, I am sure you can find lots of helpful information here.

I think this thread is mostly for pictures of mufflers so we can see how creative others have been.

You will find the answers to your question by using the "search" function contained in the header above. Use this function for researching muffler mods and oil or mixture questions as they have all been discussed at length. The 361 muffler mods are covered in detail. Yes it will be louder and your neighbors will notice, yes you will have to adjust your carb, yes it will use more fuel, your dealer may not be amused.

hey guys.
sorry i havent been online much lately. Have had alot going on around here. But i think im back for good now

Latest posts

Back