Lets see your splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a couple pictures of my old splitter with a new coat of paint and a new log lift installed.

Overkill is a good thing once in awhile. I think the Wisconsin is really kewl :clap:

The back of the ram is being held by clear unobtainium. A very special welding rod is required to attach it to the frame without disturbing the paint job. :jawdrop:

My first splitter.

Talking about the neat Wisconsin engine on KJW58's splitter reminded me of the first splitter I built. This had a engine/transmission and pulley off an old combine and it would run the saw rig with power to spare.

attachment.php

attachment.php

After the kids moved away I didn't have anyone to help me with with the saw so I made a much smaller splitter. BTW, now I have fenders on the rig, and two more stabilizing jacks in the front, but no current picture.
attachment.php

Talking about the neat Wisconsin engine on KJW58's splitter reminded me of the first splitter I built. This had a engine/transmission and pulley off an old combine and it would run the saw rig with power to spare.

attachment.php

attachment.php

After the kids moved away I didn't have anyone to help me with with the saw so I made a much smaller splitter. BTW, now I have fenders on the rig, and two more stabilizing jacks in the front, but no current picture.
attachment.php

Very impressive design and fabrication....:clap: Certainly rep worthy.

here is a couple pictures of my old splitter with a new coat of paint and a new log lift installed.

That is a awesome splitter. What motor is that on there. Give us some specs and more pics. I see this was your first post so WELCOME to AS, You sored big with putting Pics on your first post . WE are pic junkies around here.

Beefie

I've been trying to upload a pic since this thread started, Finally, thanks to some forum members, I got it done. I built this splitter in 1986, I have replaced the main beam once. The old one was smaller and just plain wore out.
ssbKNl.jpg

I've been trying to upload a pic since this thread started, Finally, thanks to some forum members, I got it done. I built this splitter in 1986, I have replaced the main beam once. The old one was smaller and just plain wore out.
ssbKNl.jpg
:cool: Does the wing help with downforce when you're running it at high speed? :cheers: I use a large bucket to keep the weather off mine but a roof like yours would be way cooler.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The top

The top cover looks like a top off an Allis Chalmers roto bailer , looks good

TedMI

another splitter pic

Here is another pic that shows the cylinder mount, it is bolted through the 1" plate with four bolts.
As far as specs go, I have no idea how many tons of force it will produce, and really don't care, I can tell you I have never had any problem splitting anything I have ever put on it in one stroke. It has a 4 cyl wisconsin engine and 2 stage vickers pump, the pump is huge, at least 3 times the pysical size of the pumps on most store bought splitters, gpm ? The cycle time is about 20 seconds, cylinder is 5".

This splitter has dual stainless steel beer can holders as well...

Next time I need to split some nasty crotches, I'm going to give the ram some beer muscles, too. Awesome mod!

This splitter has dual stainless steel beer can holders... Check out my other pictures.....
I'm not sure yet how to post pictures directly....instead of links...anybody know how???

Thanks,
Strattz

Latest posts

Back