Lets talk palletizing firewood, I got an idea.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definitely a great idea hunter! Wish my tractor was capable of picking up a skid that heavy but I might still try a few half pallets and see how stable they are. Looking into getting some kind of chainsaw mill setup as well I see baileys has the logosol timberjig on sale for 90 bucks right now just not sure if I like that design or not! I only want to start milling logs for rough log furniture and things like that not dimensional lumber so much so I think it might work alright still debating

I have an old round oil tank, both ends cut off, 4 foot in diameter 4 1/2 feet tall, thinking of trying the redneck version of the round stacker in the video. Plan to stand tank on open end on a plastic pallet.

Drop wood into tank right off the splitter. Once full, will pick up tank with full size backhoe and pallet wrap at the same time. Once wrapped, I would cut several 2-3 inch X holes in wrap once wrapped tight to let it breath. Plan to paint tank with high gloss rustoleum.

The netting is expensive to ship. Found a roll on ebay for $87 but cost over $150 to ship....

This has been a good discussion.

Thoughts on using the pallet wrap and x'ing holes in the wrap.

My son is heading off to college soon so I've got to get this wood thing simplified. I burn about 6-7 cords a year, currently we split, stack, fill tractor wagon and haul to the furnace....I want to stop stacking and want to use bucket forks to move wood to furnace.

Thanks.:msp_rolleyes:

I too have limited FEL lift.

Reciprocating saw with a long metal cutting blade. Cuts through the screws, separating the top and bottom from pallet middle support. Huge time saver and doesn't risk splitting the boards.

Thusly leaving much less pallet material for more hauling capacity....

Attachments

• 20171121_120650.jpg
    20171121_120650.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
Motoman,

Is this the Case hyloader? I remember you from another forum. The 600 series are rated at 600 lbs full height, and the 6000's, 750 lbs. For their size the hyloaders are rugged little loaders. I don't know how much of a pallet you'll really be able to lift though. Didn't your loader have clamp on forks, which would reduce the lift capacity. I can't view your picture. I'd say your limit will be around 10 cubic feet or so of hardwood splits. My 648 had pallet forks and I could lift about 450-500 lbs if out the full pallet width, that was with loaded tires and 350 lbs. or so on the 3 point hitch. At half a pallet out, id say more like 550-600 lbs. Now I use a Kioti with a 2800 lb full lift height. Good for 1/3rd-1/2 a cord at a go.

That's why people keep asking me if I have a source for new chain for my old Homelite 7-29, sorry no, Joe.

BrBZ6gJ.jpg

Latest posts

Back