Leveraxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am responsible for having it longer than I should. Please accept my apologies.

GeeVee

No problem! It's 100 degrees here I won't need it till september hahaha!!

Later,

As best I can tell I think the list looks like this

GeeVee - had it last according to posts
JBFab - may have it now??
24d
elaps ???? 1 post and has not signed on since 11-27-07 probably not still here
Woodchuck361
Jefflee1
gtstang462002
Erick

There are a lot of folks that posted comments in between these names but none said they wanted on the list if you were posting to get on the list please add your name in line where it should be.

If I left anyone out or got it wrong please post up and let me know.

Definatly waiting patiently and still here. Have a nice pile of everything to try it on...

WooHoooo! I got it!!!!

It's a strange looking animal, - but it looks like it has potential!

I'll be trying it out this weekend or next for sure, (It looks like thunderstorms all weekend here)

I'd like to get in on this. I bought a Fiskar a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. I am interested to see how this compares.

I have about 9 cord to finish for this year.

I wouldn't mind trying it out... see how it compares to my trusty old chopper ax ( you know the one with the spring loaded dogs that push the wood apart?) been using it for years.
May I get on the list?
thanks

Comparison

I wouldn't mind trying it out... see how it compares to my trusty old chopper ax ( you know the one with the spring loaded dogs that push the wood apart?) been using it for years.
May I get on the list?
thanks

Already many years ago I had two of those " trusty old chopper axes", one of the Canadian made and the other Chinese maid. Both of them broke up after a short use. The springloaded parts on the both sides flew away because the structure was too week. The use of them was very hard and required a lot of force and stamina. They feeled to be very heavy and they gave strong concussion to my hands. They had the advantage that they did not stick into the wood, but the work was very slow with them. The lenght of the handle was not long enough to get satisfactory kinetic energy to the blade. There was still the chance that the blade could continue it's way to your foot after the strike. I admit that this was a good attempt to make the axe (wedge) safer, but it is still the wadge where most of the energy vanishes to the friction and you cannot fully cont roll the blade during the end of the strike. These axes belong to my axe collection which I nowadays consider as a museum. I do not use these (wedge) axes any more, because my invention, LEVERAXE, is so much better in many ways. Now I can do my firewood safely, effectively and very fast really enjoying all the time without any fear to hurt myself. As I have mentioned before in earlier writings, splitting with the conventional axe is like driving a car without brakes. I also fasten my safety belts before starting to drive a car. Later it might be useless. The LEVERAXE has these "brakes and safetybelts" ready built in to the structure of the AXE so that the blade always stops on the block or slows down it's speed so much that it is fully under your controll during the splitting.
I wonder, where is the pass around LEVERAXE at the moment.
I wish you all the best from Finland.
Regards Heikki
www.vipukirves.fi also www.vipukirves.net

JBFab

Does the guy that sent it on to him still have his contact info?
seems he has not posted since middle of June.. Hope all is well with him.. But he needs to move the leveraxe on, Please if you know this guy give him a ring and ask him to kindly pass it on thanks..

The new list looks like this

JBFab - has it now??
24d
Woodchuck361
Jefflee1
gtstang462002
Erick
Countrybois
trailcarnage
Jkebxjunke

J.Walker not sure if you're just buying one outright or if you want on the list.... if you want on the list just copy and paste and add your name.

Eric, what do you think about this...... When someone sends the axe on to the next person they send that persons contact info (name, address, phone number) to you in a PM, that way you will know who has it and a way to contact them just in case.

\

Eric, what do you think about this...... When someone sends the axe on to the next person they send that persons contact info (name, address, phone number) to you in a PM, that way you will know who has it and a way to contact them just in case.

excellent idea. This tool was entrusted in us to make a loop, be evaluated and returned.
So hopefully soon it will be back in circulation.

Bump

Please get this axe back to circulation.
The way I see it someone has basically stolen this axe from us.
Are we going to have to do some detective work to figure out exactly who the heck had it last? Come on guys if you sent it to JBFab get hold of him. At last tally he has it correct?

Yea I think jfab was the last to have it and the post he made about getting the axe was his last post on here.

GeeVee sent it to Jfab and now GeeVee has not been heard from after that either. Anyone know Jfab or GeeVee?

Last edited:
Apologies once again.

I cut it loose to as mentioned above- Looks like he got it.

I sent Ericjeeper, and sorry, Erick, forwards of PM's between myself and jb-

Jeeper and I spoke on the phone, nice talking to you.

I have been busy doing other things than firewood or milling since the spring- Its too hot in Florida and the Ocean and river are in season. Come November I'll be back though.

With my Stihl splitting maul and axe.

Back