lg. knuckleboom cranes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePoor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've found lg. articulating cranes can be very useful (improved safety and productivity) for my tree service! Been using them with radio remote control for 8 yrs.

Cool, thats a good reach, what is the tag axle for, a short log trailer?

to answer your questions about the truck: the pusher axle is to spread the load when i have the bed mounded w/logs. , the crane has a 36000 lb. max (right next to the truck), 100 feet of side reach (1013 lbs. @ that distance), it was mounted at effer (brand name) dealer in n.e. ohio.

Nice handsaw ya got there. Dude your so large its comical.:hmm3grin2orange:

Do you have the phone number for that guy in Ohio who put that together thank. Jared

hey jazak the phone # is: 330 916 6461 ask for tim or udo. if your on the west coast try 916 996 3503 ask for patrick. these cranes are really handy for our application. some of the advantages over standard cranes are: power to weight to reach ratio, manueverability, more control (when used without the optional winch), you can work with boom completely horizontal, etc., etc. i've got a pin on man basket which transforms the thing into a bucket trk. with 100 feet of side reach, 3 elbows, 12 extensions. so it not only can get you up the tree, but lifts out huge chunks and then hauls them too! it's just like every other piece of equip. though, if you abuse it (overload it etc.) something is going to break or someone is going to get hurt!!!

MikePoor said:
I've found lg. articulating cranes can be very useful (improved safety and productivity) for my tree service! Been using them with radio remote control for 8 yrs.

What kind of radio? Do you know what frequency they use?

Last edited:
O Yeah! Forget dragging brush out of the back yard just hoist it over the house!

Latest posts

Back