***** Lickity Splitter *****

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paleryder

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
***** Lickity Splitter ****** image.jpg image.jpg Quality log splitter American-made looking to buy the one pictured or any like it in any condition no hassles no worries immediate pick up cash paid

Saw this on e-bay the other day and almost posted it. No affiliation!
I wouldn't claim affiliation with anybody asking that much for an old splitter either! That's one for the CL laughs thread...'cept it ain't on CL...I think the guys would understand though! :laugh:

That price is not out of line for a good running Lickity. I've seen them go for well $3000. They were designed and built buy the engineers at Waco Aircraft Co. Probably over engineered. They run on a single stage pump with a 2 stage cylinder and pressure valves. The one I had, had an auto cycle mode (OSHA would have a stroke if they were made now) and would continue to cycle while you just dropped logs in. It will lay flat on the ground for big logs, or automatically pic up for waist high use. The throttle is hooked to the ram activation lever and throttles up when you push the lever forward, when it hits the end of the stroke it throttles down till the next log. It has 3 large return springs and returns fast. On the big ones, like the one pictured the cycle time was about 7.5 seconds. Instead of a heavy I beam, the ram ran on a High Tensile steel plate. the whole machine weighs about 500 pounds. Toward the end of their manufacturing they started to make cheap models with 2 stage pumps that were nothing to write home about. The MK 348 is a top of the line splitter that will hold it's own with any splitter in it's class made today, many of which sell for over $7000. That one does not belong on CL laughs, Joe.

That price is not out of line for a good running Lickity. I've seen them go for well $3000. They were designed and built buy the engineers at Waco Aircraft Co. Probably over engineered. They run on a single stage pump with a 2 stage cylinder and pressure valves. The one I had, had an auto cycle mode (OSHA would have a stroke if they were made now) and would continue to cycle while you just dropped logs in. It will lay flat on the ground for big logs, or automatically pic up for waist high use. The throttle is hooked to the ram activation lever and throttles up when you push the lever forward, when it hits the end of the stroke it throttles down till the next log. It has 3 large return springs and returns fast. On the big ones, like the one pictured the cycle time was about 7.5 seconds. Instead of a heavy I beam, the ram ran on a High Tensile steel plate. the whole machine weighs about 500 pounds. Toward the end of their manufacturing they started to make cheap models with 2 stage pumps that were nothing to write home about. The MK 348 is a top of the line splitter that will hold it's own with any splitter in it's class made today, many of which sell for over $7000. That one does not belong on CL laughs, Joe.
You definitely know your history when it comes to lickety-splitter .I appreciate comments ,I did see that one on eBay and that's more than I want to spend not saying it isn't worth it. I just see them going for a lot less money. The one pictured above was listed for $500 I missed out on it and to add insult to injury when he finally did call me back he told me he sold it for 300

image.jpg Just picked up these three splitters for less than half of the one on eBay two run fine. The other ones for restoration

Come on man really . You just got to put the time in , there out there you can still find them I wouldn't say it was easy but just anything else that's worth it take hard work and luck !!!

Back