Life expectency of stainless liner ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big cat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Lopi Freedom high efficiency fireplace insert that I heat our house with, I burn it pretty hot most of time because its a little small for the area that we heat, burn only dry wood, almost no creosot in the chimney at all. Any ideas on how long can I plan on my stainless liner in my chimney lasting ?

depending on manufacturer it will last 10 to life as long as you use a poly brush to clean it. great choice of stove. one of the only ones still made in the usa. if you still have paperwork on liner or your dealer my have it may give you more specific warr. any ? fire back. i still work part time and i did work in that industry for a long time until i fell in love with climbing and rigging!

Thanks reese, not sure on the manufacturer, I'll have to talk to the installer and find out. And I use a poly brush. How much heat can these liners handle ?

Last edited:
not stepping on toes but class a is an insulated pipe and a liner is single wall stainless used to line thru an existing masonry chimney system, still must exceed 3 2100 degree blasts for i beleive 10 minutes a piece. don't hold me to the time frame. this liner is also directional,and flexible.

not stepping on toes but class a is an insulated pipe and a liner is single wall stainless used to line thru an existing masonry chimney system, still must exceed 3 2100 degree blasts for i beleive 10 minutes a piece. don't hold me to the time frame. this liner is also directional,and flexible.

You are correct...my bad. Class A is sectional insulated pipe sections, but I thought liners at least held the same temp rating? I've heard of the 10 minute deal too, I thought that was supposed to be similar to experiencing a chimney fire?

It is stainless but it is also steel. Keep it clean with a poly brush and I would recommend that you have a cap on the chimney to reduce direct water infiltration. I see some 316Ti liners that claim a lifetime warranty for as long as its installed, transferable to new owners, so with reasonable care it should last as long as you.

I have a Lopi Freedom high efficiency fireplace insert that I heat our house with, I burn it pretty hot most of time because its a little small for the area that we heat, burn only dry wood, almost no creosot in the chimney at all. Any ideas on how long can I plan on my stainless liner in my chimney lasting ?
PM my buddy rooftopcrew. He installs them for a living!

Back