light weight 24" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wap13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want to get a light weight 24" bar. From what I can tell Stihl nor Husqvarna offer such a thing but sugihara and tsumura do.

Also it seems that of those 2 one is not better than the other. Before I place an order I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any others I should look at. Also is there any difference in the sugiharas and tsumuras?

Thanks

Tsumura is as heavy or heavier than a 'regular' bar. Sugihara is lighter and holds up well. Some of the Sugihara bars are lighter in .050 than .058 for the same length, the bar is actually slightly thinner. They are all lighter, just maybe not 20% across the board. I've been meaning to post the weights that I've checked. J

Not that im aware of. Recently the only small mount husky that I have found is a 18" .050, 3/8 pitch.

I have heard that different sizes in the small mount show up on fleesbay from time to time.

I to wished there was more selection of Sigi's in the small mount!:msp_mad:

Which saw model is it for?

If the saw doesn't use the small Husky mount (or something close to that), the lightest 24" option likely is the 25" Rollomatic E. :msp_wink:

There is a 20" pro Lite 3/8 .050

Not that im aware of. Recently the only small mount husky that I have found is a 18" .050, 3/8 pitch.

I have heard that different sizes in the small mount show up on fleesbay from time to time.

I to wished there was more selection of Sigi's in the small mount!:msp_mad:

Which saw model is it for?

If the saw doesn't use the small Husky mount (or something close to that), the lightest 24" option likely is the 25" Rollomatic E. :msp_wink:

Not sure if this was directed at me or not but the bar I am looking for will be for a 372xp. I may swing by my stihl dealer and see if I can put my hands on an E model.

I have a 25" ES on it now and it seems a bit heavy, stout but it makes the saw very nose heavy. The difference in the way the saw handles and how quickly my left elbow starts to give out (old elbow injury) is huge between a 20" and the stihl ES in 25". But I think the 24" is a good fit for this saw and also like that I dont have to bend over very far to reach wood on the ground. I am looking into 28" bars too but am pretty set on getting a husky or stihl light, they seem to be the lightest and hold up as well as any.

Best price I have found on the 24" sugi is $95 plus shipping. Does that seem about right?

Not sure if this was directed at me or not but the bar I am looking for will be for a 372xp. I may swing by my stihl dealer and see if I can put my hands on an E model.

I have a 25" ES on it now and it seems a bit heavy, stout but it makes the saw very nose heavy. The difference in the way the saw handles and how quickly my left elbow starts to give out (old elbow injury) is huge between a 20" and the stihl ES in 25". But I think the 24" is a good fit for this saw and also like that I dont have to bend over very far to reach wood on the ground. I am looking into 28" bars too but am pretty set on getting a husky or stihl light, they seem to be the lightest and hold up as well as any.

Best price I have found on the 24" sugi is $95 plus shipping. Does that seem about right?

$95... You are correct. That is the going rate for that bar.

If you don't "NEED" the power of the 372 much of the time, have you considered going to a lighter saw? You could find weight savings far more significant than just a different bar. Even a 60cc saw will run a bar that length as long as you're not burying it. Then, when you're ready to buck the stem, get out the 372 and the bar weight won't affect the operation that much. My two cents...

Not sure if this was directed at me .....

It primarily was - but it also was a general statement, aimed at anyone that is interested in light 24" bars. :msp_smile:

That bar will suit a 372xp fine, with the usual adaptors of course.

Last edited:
If you don't "NEED" the power of the 372 much of the time, have you considered going to a lighter saw? You could find weight savings far more significant than just a different bar. Even a 60cc saw will run a bar that length as long as you're not burying it. Then, when you're ready to buck the stem, get out the 372 and the bar weight won't affect the operation that much. My two cents...

I appreciate the input and you are right, I could us a smaller saw and do a lot but I am liking this 372 and like I mentioned with a 20" bar its no prob. Plus a new bar is cheaper than a new saw.

It primarily was - but it also was a general statement, aimed at anyone that is interested in light 24" bars. :msp_smile:

That bar will suit a 372xp fine, with the usual adaptors of course.

I figured it was but got a little confused on the talk of the husky small mount bars. Thanks

Does anybody know the weight of a 24" Stihl E bar? Or have one they can weigh? I went to my dealer but all they had were ES.

Stihl ES bars are around 3.6lbs, and my Oregon 24" Power Match came in at 3.4:

large.jpg

The stihl laminate is 200g liter than the ES?

I got 3.6xx on my ES bar also. 200g less would still be close to 3lbs.

I wonder how honest the 2.79 is on the sugi bar.

I can't get the pics to post correctly thanks to LB and the need to run Javascript-free!!

The 24" GB Small Husq mount is 3.5lbs

The 24" Sugi Stihl mount is 2.8lbs (2lb 13.3oz).

Attachments

• 24 GB Small Husq.jpg
    24 GB Small Husq.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 24 Sugihara Stihl mount.jpg
    24 Sugihara Stihl mount.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I can't get the pics to post correctly thanks to LB and the need to run Javascript-free!!

The 24" GB Small Husq mount is 3.5lbs

The 24" Sugi Stihl mount is 2.8lbs (2lb 13.3oz).

Thanks for posting your findings. I replaced a 20" ROLLOMATIC E with a 24" SUGI HARA and they felt exactly the same weight by my "hand scale".

Back