Lightest K095 bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gott

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What would be the lightest K095 mount bar in 3/8 chain? Sugi, tech light, pro light? Or what are some others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 18" 3/8" Tsumura Light&Tough and Total Super Bar for my 550xp, the Total is a little heavier than the Tsumura. A Pro-Lite or maybe a Sugihara would probably be about the lightest.

LOL. a cannon superbar in 18" is lighter then a prolite. i do not have any weights on hand but from what i've found through experience with the stihl lites, techlites, and other solid light weights is that the light weight laminates are always the winners. IMO the bars that are solid with inserts really aren't worth the extra dollars as they really don't feel any lighter at the end of the day. the oregon RW with the aluminum insert i find is the lightest solid RW bar but it feels way to flimsy to me. i'll stick to cannon for my solid bars and run a stihl lite if i want something lite. i don't know what the heck stihl do with those light bars but they be premium. i have a 33" tsumura L&T that is heavier then an old 33" cannon i got. was real disappointed. the tsumura's are still really good bars but saying they are light is a stretch.

The Husky laminated's(AKA Farm Toughs) are fairly light. If you can go with an NK 325 - they are actually too light for pro duty. I am on my second one in 4 months(I got 2 for xmas).

Ok maybe i'm FOS and need to shut up but i never weighed my bars[emoji2]

i never weigh my bars either although i did compare a few cannons in the past mostly because of all the BS about them being heavy. while i like a light bar i have to say the only one worth buying is the stihl light bars. for less money then a tsumura light you can have a cannon which is heavier but not by any significant amount. depends what length is seems too. the 33" cannon i have is an older one and it's lighter then the same length tsumura. not noticable really. of course, most guys here are all about show time so they could NEVER put a stihl bar on a husky. i don't give a ****. i'll run what i like.

I'd run one of the wide-nose rollomatic es bars on any saw I could reasonably adapt it to. Pity they quit making (importing?) them.

That said, I kinda like pro-lites. Nice profile, and easy on the bankroll.

i never weigh my bars either although i did compare a few cannons in the past mostly because of all the BS about them being heavy. while i like a light bar i have to say the only one worth buying is the stihl light bars. for less money then a tsumura light you can have a cannon which is heavier but not by any significant amount. depends what length is seems too. the 33" cannon i have is an older one and it's lighter then the same length tsumura. not noticable really. of course, most guys here are all about show time so they could NEVER put a stihl bar on a husky. i don't give a ****. i'll run what i like.

The Cannon and Solid Tsumura longer bars are almost identical in weight, both heavier than the Oregon or Stihls solid bars. The Tsumura light is about 20% lighter than its standard bar or the same length Cannon. Cannon and Tsumura are also thicker bars than the Stihl or Oregon bars.

Dave

The Cannon and Solid Tsumura longer bars are almost identical in weight, both heavier than the Oregon or Stihls solid bars. The Tsumura light is about 20% lighter than its standard bar or the same length Cannon. Cannon and Tsumura are also thicker bars than the Stihl or Oregon bars.

Dave

20%? i have a 33" cannon that is no heavier then my 33" tsumura although i have never weighed them. during use i feel no difference in them whatsoever. when running the stihl lights though i tell ya. man they are a dream. don't get me wrong either dave. the tsumura's are a nice quality bar, they just gotta get lighter for me to buy more of them. definitely buying some stihl lights soon. they are so light it's stupid although i have not tested the durability of them so that is questionable.

i got some cutting to do tomorrow but i'm gonna be weighing the tsumura next to that 33" cannon for real to see what the difference is. if it really is 20% i would **** a brick cause i surely cannot feel that 20% LOL

I just
i got some cutting to do tomorrow but i'm gonna be weighing the tsumura next to that 33" cannon for real to see what the difference is. if it really is 20% i would **** a brick cause i surely cannot feel that 20% LOL

I must of scrapped my used Cannon Husky 33, but I have the Cannon Stihl 32 is 2.20 kg and the Tsumura Light Stihl 32 is 1.75 KG.

Dave.

I just

I must of scrapped my used Cannon Husky 33, but I have the Cannon Stihl 32 is 2.20 kg and the Tsumura Light Stihl 32 is 1.75 KG.

Dave.

i suppose it could be the chain too aye. .404 is quite a bit heavier then 3/8's. were talking very little difference still though so that is likely why i can't tell a difference.

i suppose it could be the chain too aye. .404 is quite a bit heavier then 3/8's. were talking very little difference still though so that is likely why i can't tell a difference.

Yes 404 is heavier, its like the weight of going from skip chain to full house chain. On the longer bars though, the lights are a lb lighter.

Dave

well i got full comp 3/8's on the 33" cannon and .404 skip on the 33" tsumura. maybe i need more then a pound to notice a difference? LOL the only light bars i can really notice are the stihl lights and the oregon RW's. wish they made techlites in some longer lengths as it would be nice to have a bar with the correct mount. never tried a sugi but i'm thinking they are probably similar to a tsumura. would be sweet to see a chart of accurate bar weights. do you sell stihl bars dave? guess you may have to be a stihl dealer for that aye? i'm dead set on the sthl lights for my next purchase. just trying to use up the bars i got now before i get some. a buddy runs them on his 390's and it's almost rediculous how nice the saw balances and how much easier it is to maneuver. limbing without the bar weight is also very nice. not sure how much less the stihl light is but it feels significant.

well i got full comp 3/8's on the 33" cannon and .404 skip on the 33" tsumura. maybe i need more then a pound to notice a difference? LOL the only light bars i can really notice are the stihl lights and the oregon RW's. wish they made techlites in some longer lengths as it would be nice to have a bar with the correct mount. never tried a sugi but i'm thinking they are probably similar to a tsumura. would be sweet to see a chart of accurate bar weights. do you sell stihl bars dave? guess you may have to be a stihl dealer for that aye? i'm dead set on the sthl lights for my next purchase. just trying to use up the bars i got now before i get some. a buddy runs them on his 390's and it's almost rediculous how nice the saw balances and how much easier it is to maneuver. limbing without the bar weight is also very nice. not sure how much less the stihl light is but it feels significant.

I don't sell the Stihls, just distribute the Tsumuras, and I am a Cannon dealer. A light bar is for sure nice. The longer Sugis were the Heaviest. Then Tsumura, Oregon and Stihl the lightest I think or a reverse of the Oregon/ Stihl. The Oregon and Stihl are thinner bars and it is partly how they get to be so light. There is some threads comparing the differences by RedBull660,

Dave

...of course, most guys here are all about show time so they could NEVER put a stihl bar on a husky. i don't give a ****. i'll run what i like.

A Stihl bar on a Husky?! That is crazy talk! You, Sir, are mad. Let me show you how it's done:

159039560.Vtd7Fl6Z.jpg

Latest posts

Back