Lightweight Logger Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am in search of a pair of lightweight logger type boots and would prefer that the heel isn't as thick as what you see on most logger boots. Perhaps a heel more along the thickness of a lineman boot, but with a decent traction sole. Waterproof would be good too. I don't mind breaking in a good solid boot, the type that need breaking in last much longer and shape to your foot.

I realize this has been discussed on more than one occasion, but my needs are slightly different than some of the posts in the archives.

I was told that the abnormally high heel of the looger isn't good for the back, it puts the hamstrings in a shortened position and that is the cause of most lower back pain(tight hamstrings). I have enough pain in that region as it is!

Labonville makes a loggers boot with a 1" heel. They're Kevlar lined and have a steel toe. I just got a pair about 3 weeks ago and I'm very happy with them. Very comfortable. Very well made. Made in their plant in the good `ol USA too.

Labonville makes a loggers boot with a 1" heel. They're Kevlar lined and have a steel toe. I just got a pair about 3 weeks ago and I'm very happy with them. Very comfortable. Very well made. Made in their plant in the good `ol USA too.

There are several Labonville outlets near me, but all they offer is wide widths for some reason. I wear a D width and prefer the width not be overly wide.

The Vibergs look rugged, but I don't need caulks.

The SuperShoe store near us has Carolina Loggers, but the heels are all really thick.

I will swing in and try the Labonvilles though.

Last edited:
There are several Labonville outlets near me, but all the offer is wide widths for some reason. I wear a D width and prefer the width not be overly wide.

The Vibergs look rugged, but I don't need caulks.

The SuperShoe store near us has Carolina Loggers, but the heels are all really thick.

I will swing in a try the Labonvilles though.
They make them in regular width. If the store doesn't have them, it's quite possible they'll make you a pair. They're good that way.

Whites has a line of boots called Hathorn Explorers !!! In this line of boots they have one called the Waterproof Explorer it has a low heel and a choice of soles price is $260.00 for non insulated $272.00 for insulated. I have 3 pair of there lace to toe loggers they fit great and are made to last!!!! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back