Line Clearing Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleDTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am interested in expanding my company into doing line clearing work. Any information that you can offer me would be beneficial. I would like to establish contracts with different energy corps in the area, but am not sure the exact process. Once again any information would be very appreciated.

Since every area has their own set of rules and regs I would probably contact local utility and ask them what the requirements are. I know that line clearing is very dangerous and the insurance requirements are probably outragous. Good luck and be careful.

Can be a thankless task, can also be a lot of fun. By all means get qualified and work safe, no second chance with power.

be prepared for a huge insurance quote, you will need a bond, you will need to provide your dunn & bradstreet information, you will need to show profit & loss, etc,etc....

I was trying to get on as a vendor with first energy, I have all my certs. but damn there is a lot of info. you will need to provide, not to mention you will need some serious capital. so I will remain a lil guy for alot longer!!!

good luck!

LXT...................

Latest posts

Back