Lit The OWB Today 10/15/2011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John R

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well it's that time of year again, fired up the OWB and tried out my new heater installation in the barn, it's going to be great to have heat out there this winter, and not have to buy kerosene for the salamander.

Fired mine up the weekend we had record highs, usually I wait and try using equipment the moment I need it. This time I wanted not to be freezing my butt off and have an issue. All is well, hot tub is fired up to now

gooddeal its good to here and feels good to save $ and heat off the land which alot of people do here on AS tell them to stick there heating oil:blob2: "BLAZIN"send us some pics:rock:

I half lit the owb.

I also lit the owb for the first time this year, was excited to see how the new plate hx worked for heating my dhw, didn't get the plate in last year. Got the owb up to 140 things just starting to get close. Well 45 degrees close, and bam the power goes out. Hahah oh well

There is a est for restoration of next tuesday. So here i sit with fire indoors, and will screw with the generator tomorrow if need be. hahah:bang:

I also lit the owb for the first time this year, was excited to see how the new plate hx worked for heating my dhw, didn't get the plate in last year. Got the owb up to 140 things just starting to get close. Well 45 degrees close, and bam the power goes out. Hahah oh well

There is a est for restoration of next tuesday. So here i sit with fire indoors, and will screw with the generator tomorrow if need be. hahah:bang:

Dang man....That's some bum luck there! Mine is wired into the generator system, when the juice goes out here it's usually for a few days... gotta be prepared when it's below freezing out!

Dad's firring his up today, hard to believe its that time of year again.

I'll be firring mine up tomarrow evning or teusday, they're finishing my insulation tomarrow so no sense in firrng up until thats done. I cant wait to see just how that sprayed in closed cell foam works out. Everything I've heard about it tells me that I should be able to heat the place with a very little wood throught the stove, but I'm looking forward to finding out for myself. One things for sure it has to be better than nothing in the walls and roof with open ridge vents (that was last year and the owb didnt go through much so I'm hopeing for the best.)

Blazin' I have a generator here, but i don't have the transfer switch to plug it into the house, so it is just running extension cords all over haha.

Being this is the 6th time this year of loosing power, it may be time to install the trans switch. :) haha

She's a cookin now! :rock:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was tired of listening to the oil burner kick on and off so I lit mine yesterday. Forgot how good unlimited hot water feels and the house at a constant 74.

Latest posts

Back