Little Help with the Lawn/Grass

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Last year I fixed all the big washed out area of the lawn moving some fill around. I raked out all the big rocks, added a bunch of peat moss and did a few layers of different grass seeds. Everything popped up green but it looks like doll Hair a million plugs of grass patches. The new Lawn didn't blend well with the old lawn either. It's up and growing this year. My questions is, is there anything I can put on top of the existing lawn to fill in the in between areas? Have any of you guys used those green Thumb people that spray fertilizer? A friend had a rough lawn and now it look like a golf green. Money is tight but i'd like to make the lawn look a little better.

Have your lawn Hydroseeded, They spray a mixture of seed, fertilizer, and a tackifier goo that bonds with cellulose mulch. once it dries not even a downpour will wash it away. If done properly you will see growth in as little as four days. It's worth every penny because you will have a full lawn in no time.

hydroseeding is best bet but if money is tight you may be able to rent a slit seeder and with a good grass blend and slit seed your entire lawn in hopes that the new grass will blend in new and existing areas.

Latest posts

Back