Little Lombard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Garrison

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, a trip to the county dump today added another chainsaw to my collection. The guy who works the dump is kind of like a hawk. I asked him to look out for saws and keep them for me, so this is what he produced today a little lombard saw. I believe it is a little lightning. Since it has no identification other than the lombard L and a lightning bolt. It is missing the top of the back handle and the air filter and cover. I am guessing there are no parts sources for these saws.

I put a little mix in her and pulled the cord a couple of times and she fired right up. The chain was on backwards and the oil pump linkage was off of the little arm it pushes. I just pulled the flywheel to fix that and she runs like a banshee. This saw has some serious torq and screams the rpms. It has a 14" bar and 1/4 inch chain. That little saw cuts great and it weighs in at a modest 9lbs. It is a very cool little saw and it cuts great I just got done cutting up a bunch of 5-10inch wood and it works awesome. Why it cuts faster than my 3120(ha ha)because it doesn't run yet. Does anyone else have one of these little devils.

I have one just like it. I also have a Frontier twin that is the same exact saw except for the markings. I see these saws on e-bay once in awhile under the name Skill, Lombard, Jonserd, there are a few other names too. I think Frontier manufactured all of them just with a different label for other manufactures to sell as their own brand.

I was going to offer a part saw Skil I have to you just for the shipping to make your saw complete, but mine is missing the same parts as your is. :bang:

Larry

You can find the same saw badged under many different names but I haven't seen a Lombard one before. This saw is also known as a Jonsered 361 which I've found to be the most common. But I've also seen Partner, Skil, Frontier, and JO-BU versions of that saw. I probably have 10 or so scattered around.

retoocs555 said:
You can find the same saw badged under many different names but I haven't seen a Lombard one before. This saw is also known as a Jonsered 361 which I've found to be the most common. But I've also seen Partner, Skil, Frontier, and JO-BU versions of that saw. I probably have 10 or so scattered around.

You forgot Poulan

Husky 34, tough saw no matter what color it is. My father's two saws that I had anything to do with was a Johny 361 and the Farmboss. Pound for pound those little buggers would cut. His didn't have anti vibe, not pleasant. I wish they still made them. Wait until you get it going, then shut it off on a damp day:dizzy:

I own the Husky 35 version of that saw, as well as a Jonsered 361 parts saw. Both these saws feature automatic chain oiling. They are the exact same saw mechanically, only one is orange and one is red. The decals are also different, obviously. I think these saws are very durable and reliable. They do vibrate quite a bit, but nothing too drastic. Very easy to work on and maintain as well. A sharp chain makes all the difference in performance.

Does anyone who owns a version of this saw know what size starter rope is needed? I have tried #4 rope, but it seems to bunch up on the starter pulley. Maybe #3.5 is the way to go, but that seems very small to me...

Latest posts

Back