little spruce thin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paccity

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
found some pics of the spruce thin we did this spring. picked out the best export trees left the rest . pulp is down not worth cutting. wished i took more and better pics.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Looks like beautiful country, nice logs, and good weather. Days like that just don't happen often enough, but hopefully enough to make the rough days worthwhile. Thanks for the reminder of what a good day in the woods can be.

there not to much diff. the holding wood lets go sooner ,not as pitchy , dont make as much noise as df when the hinge lets go. i love doing these little cat and or yoder jobs. fairly casual work pace . no high production sides for me any more thank you. to old, fat and gimpy to do that anymore. it's a nice change from doing res removals. no i'am not an arborist. i just make them go away. usually don't care, if you want nathan, you can come look at some of the unhealthy ones and tell me why. :msp_smile:

Looking good! I wish I could skim off some of the plots around here, but we got to take both good and bad.

Question: How do you usually limb the low sides of the timber? You can't roll those long logs, can you? Or do you process them on the landing?

Looking good! I wish I could skim off some of the plots around here, but we got to take both good and bad.

Question: How do you usually limb the low sides of the timber? You can't roll those long logs, can you? Or do you process them on the landing?

the staubs that are on the bottom get a nip if i can reach them . other wise they come of during skidding and cleaned up on the landing. the good export logs can't have knots over 4" and so many per foot. there were some nice ones in that stand but more shaggy than good .

hope to get in to a bigun some day . like this one.
attachment.php
they are still around just not as many. this tree was taken about 30 miles from where the other site was.

Last edited:
Back