Loadhandler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundup

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone used it to dump firewood? I have seen the reviews and they look decent, any suggestions either way?

I got one for christmas so far i've broke the plastic piece that goes over the tailgate twice , it is fast when it works. No problems unloading a heaping load of wood. What keeps breaking the plastic pieces is wood on the opposite side of the truck gets caught where the strap hooks . you can't tell the extra resistance and pop she be broke . I am currently trying to figure out how to beef up this portion. Termite

They look like a nice deal to me, as long as they hold up to use.

Every ad I have seen, the load is quickly put on the ground, now that may be all well and good, but the last thing I want to do with a load of wood is have to pick it up off the ground to stack it. I would use the device slowly, a little at a time, so the wood is easily reached on the tailgate. Then pile it. Save some bending.

Have one, works well, have broken the plastic tailgate thingy too. Some notes on use for firewood:
1. if your pick-up has wheel wells, insert some boxing on the cab side of it so rounds or split wood don't end up there and lock themselves in causing undue pressure when trying to unload.
2. similar to point 1, check any potential hang-up points where your tailgate latches closed, they like to jam wood too.
3. What I've seen and want to do one day when I've time, is someone made up an open bottom and top plywood box that fitted in their pick-up between the wheel wells. they made it higher that the sides of their pu to get more split wood in and the box stopped all those annoying hangups and the wood just falls out the bottom as it's wound off the back of the pu when using the loadhandler.
4. Well worth the money as a time saver. Well, mine was - bought it new for $20 here in New Zealand off someone who was given it and didn't really know what it was or was worth :)

This is one of the "as seen on tv" products that actually works like the claims made in the advertisement. If you have a spray in bed liner, it won't work...the texture of the liner causes to much binding. This can be overcome with another sheet of loadhandler material...I was to cheap so I used a piece of tyvek house wrap that I scrounged

I have one. I have had it for twelve years and it works well. I don't know what plastic piece the other posters are talking about, maybe it is something on the newer models. If you have a sprayed in bedliner you will need something slick to put between the loadhandler and bed to decrease the resistance when you have a heavy load on it. I can unload about a ton by myself. More than that and I am afraid of ripping the loadhandler, but then again mine is twelve years old.

I like mine alot . I have a drop in bedliner so it is slippery and a load slides right off . I just toss off the stuff around the wheel wells first and then my 11 year old daughter can crank the load off . Sure beats unloading by hand when I deliver a load of firewood . The poor mans Dump Truck .

Back