Wood Pile Cover Material?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of lifespan do the billboard vinyls / tarps have if they're hemmed with eyelets? I'm looking for multi-year lifespans.

the first one I bought like 5 years ago and it's still going strong. I haven't had a need to put eyelets in mine. I just toss a few prices of wood on top and call it a day.

Thanks for the glue source, Sean! We have asked several pool companies and services, but they weren't any help about providing liners.
yeah, no problem. Just a note, it's a contact adhesive so a thin coat on both sides and let it get tacky then stick the two pieces together. A little rubber roller is nice to have but not 100% nessisary. (I don't have one) make sure both surfaces are cleaned well before putting the glue on.
That's too bad about the pool liner. A coworker is getting his replaced in a month or so, I had asked him if I could have the old liner. He asked the guy doing the liner and they said they would leave it for me. Knocked a few bucks off his bill to boot. I got my last one in about the same fashion, but it was for an above ground pool.

@sean donato
That HH-66 is Good Stuff for repairing in-ground Vinyl Liner swimming pools.
My wife and I patched our liner for 5-years, after the liner began failing from sun-burn in 6-yrs.
We are up here in the far northern end of the Sacramento River Valley, in California.

The curse is, on a 112-degree day, the patched areas expose to sun above the water line, gets soft and the patches will pull at the bonded areas. The glue holds up very well underwater where it is not exposed to the sun directly.

Ahhh, YES, the Elusive Tarp. Yep, did the wind carry it to the next County north ?
My wife and I heat exclusively with Digger Pine (grey pine).
We burn an easy 7-8 chords of the softwood each year.

After splitting w/ splitter, and stacking into Chord Wood, we then cover the stacks with used white AG Tarps from Tractor Supply, and are the white heavy duty one's.
I have finally learned to just screw the tarps directly to the wood pile.
We use our 18V Makita impact driver and no. 8 x 3/4" Torx head screws and fender washers.
Ropes don't seem to hold tarps well.

I have tried covering just the top and 12" down the sides. It doesn't work here.
The high winds blow the rain horizontal, and the Pine soaks up the water like a sponge.
That year the horizontal rain soaked the wood, and then got super cold so the wood never did dry out again until Spring. :(

Latest posts

Back