Local firewood prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firewood Guy USA said:
We been selling our K/D firewood in this region for just under $9.50 cu ft. (e.g. ; 1/3 cord (16" lenghts) $405.00 plus delivery and stacked.

Are the people that buy kiln dried firewood cooking in a restraunt with it, or does their money tree bloom year round?

Green Firewood; $275.00 cord delvd ; Haverhill MA

One of many typical emails that I recieve from consumers in our region.

Someone has requested more information from the Web site.

Here is their information.

Name: Cris

Address: .. .......... Avenue,

City: Haverhill

State: MA

Zip: 01830

E-mail Address: [email protected]

Questions/Comments:
I paid $275 for a cord of crappy, wet, unseasoned wood. Please ...better..

I usually don't ask.............

SmokinDodge said:
Are the people that buy kiln dried firewood cooking in a restraunt with it, or does their money tree bloom year round?

I really can't answer your question. I usually don't ask for what our K/D products is being used for, nor do I pry into their financial business. But I wonder what this customer, that just e-mailed me, is going to use his "Green" firewood for that he just purchase for $275.00 a cord ?? Your thoughts on this subject !!

Someone has requested more information from the Web site.

Here is their information.

Name: Cris

Address: ...................

City: Haverhill

State: MA

Zip: 01830

E-mail Address: [email protected]

Questions/Comments:
I paid $275 for a cord of crappy, wet, unseasoned wood. Please ....

slab wood needed

Does anyone have any contacts for slab wood delivery to northeast Ohio? I need a large load of just about anything, even pine would be Ok since I only burn on the deck in a firebox. Please forward any numbers you may have.

West Coast Bay Area. 10 years ago I was paying $330 for 2 full cords of split & delivered almond 25 0/0 6' limbs & the rest big chunkers that originated out of the central valley about 1hr & 15 min. delivery time one way. Good stuff low ash and compairable to oak. 8 years ago the same 2 cords went to $390. 6 years ago went to $ 440.That was the best deal around here from farmers in the off season 1st part of Oct. Allways seasoned 1 year. Only burn about 1 1/2 cords a year as there a lot of Xmas out here when its sunny T shirt weather Bay Area not Portland. Hi. But when it cold it is miserable wet w damp fog that makes your bones ache & the wood burner is a cure all. Anyway delivered prices have gone thru the roof mainly due to operational costs. This last year Nov.-Dec. single cords of oak were going off at $375-$525. Mixed hardwoods were aronnd $325 . That was enough for me & now have 7 cords of split & stacked oak,black walnut,silver maple,cedar,pine & eucaliptus drying . It should be enough so there very low heating bills for the next 4 years. Got all of it off Craigs List free firewood listing. Pretty much finished off my Mac 610 gettin it but it was old anyway & had been used for cutting a lot of roots. Buy a splitter 20 ton minimum doesnt have to be the cadillac just get one & watch your wood pile grow. :chainsaw:

Last year I was getting 125.00 a half cord delivered here in Ct.Also had people who took more than one quarter of a cord at 75.00 because they did not want large piles of wood in the yard.I am pretty small scale.Just selling the extra wood for Christmas money.There are a few big firewood operations not to far from me.And I still have no problem selling wood.Always more customers than wood.Have not had to deliver more than 15 miles from the house.Most are 5 miles or less.

PM me your phone number and I'll give it to a sawer friend of mine, he charges $20 a pickup load or $125 for a full tri-axle (picked up of course)

I cant figure out how to pm you from the post on arborsite about slab wood to Northfield ohio. Please send me a direct e-mail addres so I can get the info from you.
Thanks

I just did a search in one of our local swap sheets. The only price I saw was $35/pick up load. Other wise it was FREE :laugh: Some of the free listings stated you had to cut it.

good time to start advertising firewood forsale

I was wondering a good time to start ads for up coming season.

what prices are people asking for the coming season....particularly in the uk?

Out here in Cali forn ya I like to have my firewood no later than 1st few weeks into Oct.. Thats when we start to get frost on the pumpkin & the beginning of rain. Last year some places started to run out of wood by the end of Nov. Thats when prices went thru the roof the highest I've ever seen them. Current price for prem. fuel is $ 3.53 and they say it will be going up. Yes we get hosed here in Cali for ne.

I am amazed how high some of the firewood prices are that I see posted. Just happened to be multi tasking I.E. news paper and internet, LOL and here are your central Ohio prices fresh of the press. Pricing here usually includes delivery in county I am told, even if not specified in the ad.
Seasoned Cherry, Maple, Oak mixed $90 per cord.
Same split and delivered $95
Split wood $100 cord, $55 half
Slab $30 half cord
Grade A premium firewood $270 2 full cords, slab $150 ( highest prices I have ever seen here for firewood)

I'm also amazed on how cheep firewood is going for in central Ohio than in other parts of the country, too !!

green/dry

Iam selling for 180 green 230 dry per cord. Free delivery for 15 miles. lil more if its cut in 1/2 or 1/4 cords...maybe more come winter time or when oil hits 100 a barrel...and past 15 miles small charge for delivery to cover fuel and some of my time.

central kentucky

They don't sell by the cord.....it is sold by the size of the stack on pallets 4x4x4 is about 120.00. that is split and stacked, but not dry. I get all mine for free, just have to block and split myself.

I just had a measured (4x4x8) cord, split, mostly oak and a sugar maple, and fully seasoned one year (I could tell by the cracks in the end and some graying) delivered in Reading, Pa for $170.00.

firewood prices upstate south carolina

any one have any ideas for the price of firewood in upstate south carolina. Last year it was about $135 per cord advertised as seasoned. what do you think the prices might be this season?

Latest posts

Back