Local Sheriff Stopped By Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flyboy553 I was starting to think you didn't notice the truck because it was you that was pulling that load and didn't want to get caught, but I guess not, or was it??? Too many cops not enough important stuff to keep them busy, seems around here all cops are #######s. They think its a do whatever you want and get away with it badge anymore. Anybody ever catch that they no longer have the "to serve and protect" on their cars? Probably got sued for false advertisement LOL. Guess I always notice both when the wood is in back the truck. Hi my name is Travis, I am a woodaholic, with a side of OCD lookyloo whiplash when a trailer full of wood passes on the road.

He wanted to know if I had seen a pickup go by, pulling a trailer full of wood. I said that I had seen one go by pulling a snowmobile trailer with a 1500 pound axle and 4 ft sides on it, with a full cord of red oak firewood on it. He asked what color the truck was. Oh! Uhm, I didn't pay much attention to the truck. So, how can you be so specific about the kind of wood and how much it was if you cant even tell me what kind of truck was pulling it? He was a bit irritated with me I think.

I told him that part was easy:wood was stacked three rows wide, an 8 ft long trailer, sides made of 4ft pieces of plywood, makes it a full cord- of red oak. You saw all of that, even noticed what size axle on the trailer, but didnt notice the truck pulling it?? Nope, guess I didnt.

I mean, who wouldn't notice all that stuff about the firewood. The truck? Those are a dime a dozen.

He kinda snorted and got back in his squad, I went back to stacking my firewood.

Ted

What length was it cut and what was the variation? Details, man, details!

Harry K

Objects of interest

Was coming home the other day (our road, you go slow on it, maybe doing a bit over 20 mph...) and glancing to my left for a sec. Gf goes "what's that"?? I see a huge hind end of a bird, looked to be an emu, disappearing into the weeds and bushes on the right of the road. She saw the whole bird run across the road..I was looking left at a standing dead tree and some brush/branch piles when that happened......

If memory serves, someone here had dropped and cut a red oak this past year, and when they stopped at the scales they had right at a full cord on and it was a little over 5K. Then again my memory is pretty rusty. I certainly would have noticed the trailer because I'd have been thinking "Man, I'd hate to be behind him when those tires go, or that axle gives out".

Back