Locking Saw Lanyard Snaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The system that I have been using for years is to have a autolock pear shaped biner hooked directly into the saw. fits nicely through the hole on the husky 335 and goes on the 020 just as easy. Hooked to the binear is a $6.00 retractable dog leash that I have hooked to my saddle by the handle. I also have a large binar on my saddle 'saw hook' that has a broken spring in it so that it always stays open unless I close it for climbing. I had a motorcycle mama manufacture a leather holder for the "saw hook" so that it always faces away from the saddle. The pear shape biner becomes part of the saw and I can easily hook it into the saw hook and let it hang or retrieve it with out even looking for it. The dog leash eliminates the saw lanyard tangled in the branches or around my knee. The leash is rated for a 150 lb dog. Works great for me!

Steve

Now I'ld like a saw scabbard that would stay on my belt when cutting and the saw when climbing, so then my right pant leg does not get picked up so bad.

I use my Silky a lot more then my Stihl so it is not as bad as for some peopl, alot of trees I wont even get the saw out of the truck.

I think i'd like a shoulder cross draw holster for my 020 maybe that way it would stay out of the rope. :D

O sean? think you could get us a shoulder saw holster ? and instead of magazine pouch i'd like a wrench/spare chain pouch! :cool:

You keep a small throwline bag on the back of your saddle with a scrench, leatherman, spare gloves and whatever othe little ods and ends you need.

I never gave much thought to that thin ring on the 020T. After the saw took a 45 foot dumper onto a concrete driveway (fuel tank, muffler and bar cover, thanks for asking), I put a small screw shackle in the ring and clip to that.

Back