Log Home Building- 026 Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Today, I visited a friend of mine to see how he was making out with some pine logs I sold him recently. This is his first project and I was very impressed. After moding his muffler and giving his chain the 90 second tickle, he's off to the races.
Anyway, here's a picture of Rich and his handywork
John

Hi Butch, this builder amazes me with his fine woodworking on his first project. He seems very adept with his 026.
John

Here's a picture of Rich and his Lumberjill. She peeled all the logs and is a real character, much like FMC's Annette.
John

It looks like they're building this log structure right behind their house. Is this going to be a storage barn or something?

Hi Bob, the structure would work well as a shop too, but they are building the shell at their home and dismantling it once the joinery is done and erecting it again on another property near Belleville Ontario. It was Rich who refered me to another log builder who bought the White Pine I cut this summer.
John

Looks great John!
Is he local to you? I'd love to go and check it out and get some pointers from him since I'm thinking about doing one in a few years.

Hi John,

Great pics as always, make sure that you tell your buddy that the guys here admire his work. I`d also like to see it firsthand since I`ve been thinking of the same sort of project.

Russ

Lotsa work

Fine job on the jointery,something that will last ,the grand children will marvel at.

Hi Toneman, Russ, the log structure is only 5 minutes from my place, so when you show for the Jamboree we can go over there and take a boo at Richards and Sharons work.
John

Originally posted by Gypo Logger
Hi Toneman, Russ, the log structure is only 5 minutes from my place, so when you show for the Jamboree we can go over there and take a boo at Richards and Sharons work.
John

COOL!

Gypo from what I see another fine job you did again. You go Girl.

Gypo Logger aka POA "Pope of Arboristsite"

Gypo, you mentioned that you supplied the logs for this log home project. I am thinking about starting a log home project here in Alabama in the near future. Do you have any advice on finding someone locally to supply the logs and what should I expect to pay. Thanks for any advice.

Latest posts

Back