Log Splitter At Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolhawk

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I AM NEW AT THIS VIDEO STUFF BUT CHECK MY SPLITTER, www.youtube.com/toolhawk tried to load it on this site but no luck , this is freshly cut Black Cherry , this was a large twisted piece, This is my homemade splitter with well OVER 10,000 SPLITS SO FAR AND YES I KEEP TRACK !!!!!!

Why Not!!!!!!

just wanted to see how durable it would be , keep a sharpie on a string tied to it an put a mark every 100,

You Guys Are Something Else

Man u guys are like watching gumpy old men , I am just splitting for my self not to sell, it was just idling in video , And let see what you guys have built !!!!!, yeah you can show somebody else's video , lets see what you have made , WELL !!!!!! ,

sorry but really???

what did you expect?
Us Armchair woodcutters to say? It looked slow to me but I kept my mouth shut..I figure til you have ran a faster one it would be fine for you.Rev it up and shoot another video then.

Toolhawk,

What are the specs?

Engine
Pump
Cylinder
Max psi set

My splitter is
18hp Briggs
28 gpm Barnes two stage
5x24x2.5 (boreXstrokeXrod dia.) cylinder
3000 psi

It takes about 5 sec to fully stroke out vs ~10.7 on the video. I don't know that I want any faster. It takes 3 guys to keep it halfway busy as it is.

Enjoy your splitter looks like it chews through the wood pretty good.

Don

Man u guys are like watching gumpy old men , I am just splitting for my self not to sell, it was just idling in video , And let see what you guys have built !!!!!, yeah you can show somebody else's video , lets see what you have made , WELL !!!!!! ,

lol..be proud of the fact that you built your own splitter. not many people can build one. as for speed....mine has a 12 to 14 second cycle time...slow by many standards...but, i also split wood for myself so it really doesn't matter how fast, or slow she splits. i'm just thankful i'm not swinging a splitting wedge any more.

lol..be proud of the fact that you built your own splitter. not many people can build one. as for speed....mine has a 12 to 14 second cycle time...slow by many standards...but, i also split wood for myself so it really doesn't matter how fast, or slow she splits. i'm just thankful i'm not swinging a splitting wedge any more.

Same here. Haven't measured mine but the speed is just right to allow me to clear the previous and get the next one ready while it is cycling. Keeps me hopping.

Harry K

Same here. Haven't measured mine but the speed is just right to allow me to clear the previous and get the next one ready while it is cycling. Keeps me hopping.

Harry K

Yep, me too. I never realized I was supposed to be in a hurry. It's only for me, and I am about 3 yrs ahead......no hurry.

looks good.
I am building one very soon as i have almost all the parts.
just picked up a logsplitter ram for 300 bucks on sale to go with my new in box 5.5 hp and 2stage pump.
when done i expect about the same speed as yours unless the 2 stage sppeds it up a bit.
either way i just love to build .

Well no need to be in a real big hurry but that was pretty damn slow, and it would drive me nuts. We had a 3.5 Briggs that would cycle quicker than that (I don't know the rest of the specs on the splitter, its older than I am). Now its got a 13 hp on it and the cycle time isn't a whole lot quicker but we aren't running the motor wfo anymore either.

Mine is slower then the second coming of Christ but what the hell i work by myself am in no hurry. besides the older i get the faster it seems to run. lol good job

Latest posts

Back