Logging accident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob066

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I had a good friend who was hit by a tree today. He was lifeflighted to a distant hospiital. He has been a logger for 17 years. You never know when a tree can go out of control and hit you. I hope he is okay and makes a full recovery.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope he recovers well.

I cut mostly live hackberry for my firewood, last year had an 18"-20er " barberchair on me. Scared the poo out of me, only time it ever happened. I wasnt hit or hurt but the message was clear. Hope your friend recovers and prayers sent to a fellow wood cutter.

I cut alot of trees by myself. It kinda makes me feel like maybe I shouldnt!

Hope your friend makes a full recovery. Sawing alone is bad bussiness. Hard hat and chaps are a must.

My least favorite trees are snags. Firewood to a lot of people. Drives me nuts to see firewooders in ball caps and no chaps. Most of the guys I know who have been killed or mangled were somehow involved with a snag (firewood). They were at work wearing safety gear, with other people present to provide aid/ call a helicopter. Sometimes all the help in the world ain't enough. Best to do everything you can to protect yourself.

Be carefull out there, best of wishes to your friend- Sam

It's the 2nd most dangerous job there is (next to fishing).
Best wishes to your friend.

I feel for you. Hope your friend gets better. I almost lost an uncle earlier this year from a bad tree accident.

I hope he is ok and can pull through and get back to logging.

Big dead loose limb maybe. Always look up! I know another individual who was hit by a large limb. He wasnt even in the woods yet to cut. He was talking to the forester. The wind blew a huge limb down and hit him on the back of the neck. He was in a halo for about eight months.

Latest posts

Back