Logosol Grindomatic Chain Sharpening Robot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundforest

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have any knowledge regarding use of this grinder? I just purchase Logosol's M8 mill and am in the process of assembly when I have spare time. I'm impressed with the precision / quality of the product parts. This is my first & likely only mill. I've got a Stihl MS 660 as a powerhead.

As to the grinder question I've been doing a lot of reading regarding chain sharpening especially for CSM use and after finishing a lengthy thread here my take was that any method takes practice but grinding done right has the edge - no pun intended. I have done most of my cutting for firewood & storm damage on the property. I have used a grinder from Northern Tools and recently bought an Italian one through Garrett Wade based upon reviews. Neither seemed very well built & have play when it comes to holding the chain. I went back to sharpening by hand with just a good results.

I know the Logosol is a lot of money like the Silvey, but if one is going to grind for CSM use is it better to pay for preciseness over the long run if affordable?

Last edited:
That was the product of a video crew who wanted to make it look impressive without knowing a thing about what they were showing off.

3 sharpenings like that, and you'd need to take the depth guides off to have anything exposed enough to cut with.

Yeah, then those extra customer contact hours can be spent selling new chain loops! :hmm3grin2orange:

info from Bailey's website: "Every Logosol Sawmill owner knows that you should sharpen the chain frequently, but only file off a little, just so that the teeth get their sharpness back. This is, of course, no problem for the sharpening robot. What is more impressive is that it can easily fix a chain that has been damaged by nails in the timber. Regardless of how much take-off you choose, it will not burn the teeth."

Its all about how it is set up, no different than the Grindlulx/Dinasaw etc for band blades, a few light passes are much better than a heavy grind. Never used a chain grinder that is cam actuated, but after sharpening a few thousand chains on a 511, and a few hundred bands on a cam actuated sharpener, the cam provides for a more consistant and accurate grind.

I was just pointing out that it was taking off a lot of material. The thing that I do not like is the fact that it is one more thing that can break down on you. I would prefer a regular grinder over a robot for that reason alone. Yea it take up labor time but I feel that the trade off is worth it. I did not really look into it further so my opinion may change over time.

Has anyone used one of these grinders?

There are no reviews on the Baileys website and they are not answering my questions about them. Either they just haven't gotten around to answering it or they are cherry picking the questions they show on their site.

Latest posts

Back