Logosol M7 owners, would you buy again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Logosol M7 & Wood workers mill owners, would you buy one again
if you where to do it over?

I have been given the OK to buy a M7, is the reason I ask.

I have owned a Woodworkers Mill (shortened version of M7) for about 1 year and love it. I used a TimberJig for about 1-1/2 years before that and really appreciated the ease of use that the WWM offered.

Given the same decision I would do it again.

Regards,

Ted

I have owned a Woodworkers Mill (shortened version of M7) for about 1 year and love it. I used a TimberJig for about 1-1/2 years before that and really appreciated the ease of use that the WWM offered.

Given the same decision I would do it again.

Regards,

Ted

Thanks,

I think 90% of what I will use the M7 for the WWM would do.
But I also want to build a small log cabin and would need the extra length
of the M7 for the log walls.

Obviously, if you are looking for production, then a band saw or swinger is a much better buy. That being said, however, if time is not a real important item, then the Logosol attractive alternative. I don't have a factory made Logsol, just a wooden version that I made myself. I can cut some pretty accurate dimensional lumber with it, and I don't have to worry about whether or not my blades are sharpened just right. When my chain gets dull, it just doesn't cut very fast, but no divng or wavy boards. If I were to be cutting lumber just for my own use, then I would very definitely consider a Logosol. Just my humble opinion.

I noticed that in the news letter they send out that they are giving away some stuff as a christmas offer...

CHRISTMAS OFFER!
Buy your Logosol sawmill now, and get
3 bars 16” 4 Chains 60 dl and a Log Turner for free!
Value: $317

I noticed that in the news letter they send out that they are giving away some stuff as a christmas offer...

Guy I talked to on the phone yesterday said offer, was only for bars that fit Husky
chainsaws, I ask him to point that out to me in the add, he could not.
Was told to make a note on my order. , "add did not specify any brand of saw"

Obviously, if you are looking for production, then a band saw or swinger is a much better buy. That being said, however, if time is not a real important item, then the Logosol attractive alternative. I don't have a factory made Logsol, just a wooden version that I made myself. I can cut some pretty accurate dimensional lumber with it, and I don't have to worry about whether or not my blades are sharpened just right. When my chain gets dull, it just doesn't cut very fast, but no divng or wavy boards. If I were to be cutting lumber just for my own use, then I would very definitely consider a Logosol. Just my humble opinion.

Not really looking for production speed, would be nice though. If I didn't
already have the saws for the M7, might look more at a BSM.

I've got the older version the M5, and use my 066 or 056 for milling.

It's paid for itself many times over in the lumber I've cut. In fact the first lot did, 1000 bf of heartwood black cherry.

I'd be much worse off without it.

I've got the older version the M5, and use my 066 or 056 for milling.

It's paid for itself many times over in the lumber I've cut. In fact the first lot did, 1000 bf of heartwood black cherry.

I'd be much worse off without it.

I have yet to place the order........but you guys are making it easier
for me to place the order. :)

Logosol M7 small log mill

Hi Trigger ........ Just keep in mind the M7 was really only designed for small diameter log's of about 500mm or 20" max , that's why Logosol sell bar's of max 24" , anthing longer start's to sag without end support , even the short bar's wander if the chain become's dull or you apply a little to much pressure . I would be getting a bandsaw mill , even with a bandsaw you still need saw's . Here's a shortcut to some more reading . Cheer's MM http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=54516

Last edited:
Hi Trigger ........ Just keep in mind the M7 was really only designed for small diameter log's of about 500mm or 20" max , that's why Logosol sell bar's of max 24" , anthing longer start's to sag without end support , even the short bar's wander if the chain become's dull or you apply a little to much pressure . I would be getting a bandsaw mill , even with a bandsaw you still need saw's . Here's a shortcut to some more reading . Cheer's MM http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=54516

Most of what I will be milling will be 20" dia or so, bigger stuff will be made
into a cant before going on M7, or quarter up with Alaskan mill to be quarter
sawn on M7........or that's the plan anyway. Plan can change, I'm like
a goose, wake up in a new world every day :cheers:

I just got a newsletter from Logosol in the mail today... I didn't know they had a bandsaw. It's electric, but it only cuts 13 1/2 inches wide and it costs over 4 1/2 grand!!! Then they want $42 for a blade for the thing... did I read that right? .... sheeeeesh. As has been said many time though... every mill has it's niche, I'm sure in the right circumstances that one shines above others also. Can't figure what those circumstances might be... maybe a sawmill yard? Little pricey though, with tax and shipping it would be over $5K.

They do have some serious woodworking equipment though... planers, jointers, combo machines. Lots of neat toys.

Bandsaw plan's

Logosol M7 & Wood workers mill owners, would you buy one again
if you where to do it over?

I have been given the OK to buy a M7, is the reason I ask.

If your interested I have free Bandsaw plan's , just pm me . Cheer's MM

Logosol sprocket price's for picco chain in Australia

I just got a newsletter from Logosol in the mail today... I didn't know they had a bandsaw. It's electric, but it only cuts 13 1/2 inches wide and it costs over 4 1/2 grand!!! Then they want $42 for a blade for the thing... did I read that right? .... sheeeeesh. As has been said many time though... every mill has it's niche, I'm sure in the right circumstances that one shines above others also. Can't figure what those circumstances might be... maybe a sawmill yard? Little pricey though, with tax and shipping it would be over $5K.

They do have some serious woodworking equipment though... planers, jointers, combo machines. Lots of neat toys.

Yeah they say on the Dvd that the bandmill will handle 14" log's , all I got to say is whoopy do at that price . Their sprocket price's are $70.00ea for picco chain in Aus . I haven't made the move yet to 3/8 low pro , too many thing's happening at the moment , when I do it will be 3/8 x .050 low pro from Bailey's and not the 3/8 x .043 low pro Logosol use's , the sprocket's are only $3 - $4 from Bailey's , for .050 gage sprocket's . Also the bar's are way cheaper . Cheer's MM

I do it will be 3/8 x .050 low pro from Bailey's and not the 3/8 x .043 low pro Logosol use's , the sprocket's are only $3 - $4 from Bailey's , for .050 gage sprocket's . Also the bar's are way cheaper . Cheer's MM

Logosol uses the .050 Picco not the .043, here (U.S.) a Stihl 3003 bar mount 16" .050 Picco bar is $32.00, I have bought 2 of the 16" plus 2 NOS 20" .050 Picco bars. 064/066 drum sprocket
is $41.00

Last edited:
Logosol uses the .050 Picco not the .043, here (U.S.) a Stihl 3003 bar mount 16" .050 Picco bar is $32.00, I have bought 2 of the 16" plus 2 NOS 20" .050 Picco bars. 064/066 drum sprocket
is $41.00

The $70au dollar price tag over hear , about $65us is only for a rim sprocket , if they were going to slug me $41us for a spur sprocket I would be getting the Bailey's rim sprocket's at $3us - $4us ea , roughly ten sprocket's for the price of one . Cheer's MM

The $70au dollar price tag over hear , about $65us is only for a rim sprocket , if they were going to slug me $41us for a spur sprocket I would be getting the Bailey's rim sprocket's at $3us - $4us ea , roughly ten sprocket's for the price of one . Cheer's MM

This is from Logosol web site, it is a spur (drum) type
Sprocket 3/8 Picco 7 for Stihl 066
[1122-640-2006] $41.25

Dose Bailey's sell a Picco rim that will fit the 066?

Most of what I will be milling will be 20" dia or so, bigger stuff will be made
into a cant before going on M7, or quarter up with Alaskan mill to be quarter
sawn on M7........or that's the plan anyway. Plan can change, I'm like
a goose, wake up in a new world every day :cheers:

For larger logs you can either inversion cut (secure the mill upside down to the log), or cut with the mill on its side (with the bar vertical). I have seen a video of inversion cutting, and it seems cutting with the mill on its side would work also. However, I havent tried either of these yet.

Inversion Milling:
sawmill%20_inversion_style_x200.jpg

Large log miling:
sawmill%20_inversion_style_robx400.jpg

You will enjoy the mill.

Regards,

Ted

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back