Logosol M7 owners, would you buy again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Trigger ........ Just keep in mind the M7 was really only designed for small diameter log's of about 500mm or 20" max , that's why Logosol sell bar's of max 24" , anthing longer start's to sag without end support , even the short bar's wander if the chain become's dull or you apply a little to much pressure . I would be getting a bandsaw mill , even with a bandsaw you still need saw's . Here's a shortcut to some more reading . Cheer's MM http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=54516

I've done a 30" cherry on my M5 using 24 in bar. Once you take the outer slabs off the 24 in bar will get through the cant. I didn't get any taper/waves in the 2 ft boards I cut. You just can't flat saw right through the really big stuff.

P.S. boards looks nicer than my friends 20 K bandsaw mill

Last edited:
I own both the Logosol M7 and the TimberKing 1220. With all I've learned about the M7 in the last few years, I've got to say that I would buy it faster now than then. And in answer to a post earlier, I bought a 36" bar from Logosol.

With the 1220, the biggest problem is the shipping & cost of sharpening the blades. Or spending $1000 for a sharpener and $300 - $400 for a tooth setter.

Rodney

I think with my 36" Alaskan, mini mill and the M7 mill I should be able
to take care of any milling I need (want) to do.

Plus I still have this thing I made. Pics are from a older thread

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

TriggerT, I love your "thing"!

:blush: Thanks, :cheers:

I hav'nt done that much milling, I got more into mess with the saws than milling.
Now that I have done a few complete rebuilds and getting that out of my system (almost). :)
Im ready to start doing some milling.

That is rather ingenious. With wood construction you can modify things so easily, too.

Duff
Thanks

The thing is light enough that the wife and I can carry it....but
it's really easy to move like this. :)

attachment.php

Last edited:
...The thing is light enough that the wife and I can carry it....but it's really easy to move like this. :)

Lots of talent on this forum. Curious what do you have attached to the back of that John Deer tractor? Looks like some kind of frame with chain hanging from it... to carry something?

Lots of talent on this forum. Curious what do you have attached to the back of that John Deer tractor? Looks like some kind of frame with chain hanging from it... to carry something?

We call it a jib, use it for lifting all kinds of things. Their is also a choker
cable on it, bought from Baileys to pull and lift logs with. Biggest log I have
picked up is 28"X 8' Shingle Oak. I had a winch given to me, that I need
to mount to it.

We call it a jib, use it for lifting all kinds of things. Their is also a choker cable on it, bought from Baileys to pull and lift logs with. Biggest log I have picked up is 28"X 8' Shingle Oak. I had a winch given to me, that I need to mount to it.

Looks handy. 28" 8 footer is about 2000lbs. I guess no problem for a Tractor that size. I picked up a huge 10ft long gum log once (actually the biggest tree I ever felled) with a Timberjack grapple skidder. It picked up the butt end but I remember driving back to the landing, with over 3 1/2 tons of log on the back the front of the skidder would "float" up off the ground and stay there until I stopped and backed up a little. No front wheels on the ground, no steer.

M7 Logosol... I've been reading up more about these mills since this thread started, as well as their smaller version, but other than their website and a Logosol video, havn't seem many pics. I'd really like to see one in action. I know a couple of you have an M7... how about some action shots next time you fire it up. Better yet, anybody within couple hours of Philadelphia area that has one that would let me come see it?

Woodshop, front of tractor was light, but front end will only come off
the ground as high as log is off ground (unless log was so high to
over balance tractor), with front tires off ground just steer with brakes :)
Most times I just skid the logs, but lift log to drag just the one end,
so it won't get as much dirt in the bark.

Woodshop, I don't have a real Logosol, but I have a wooden version of the Logosol that I built. Works on exactly the same principle. I don't believe that I am really very far from you. I would be glad to have you come down and even bring your rigs with you, I have plenty of wood here that need cutting, Cherry, walnut and I have 50 acres of wood land if you wanted some holly or something else. I live in Delawre just across the Sussex county line, if interested give me a pm. Lester

Hi Trigger ...... Great idea mate , I have seen this setup before , on this forum , I like the idea of having the bar supported at both end's , only a couple of thing's I would like to do with it though , put some rail's on it and mount the saw on a carriage like a bandsaw , but lift the log instead of lowering or lifting the saw so the saw is alway's at a good working height , like the Logosol (my back and knee's aint great) , to lifting the log so the saw always remain's at a good height , basically a cross between your setup and Dustytool's setup , both excellent idea's . Lifting the log's onto the sawmill is no big deal as I already have to do this now . Cheer's MM

Looks handy. 28" 8 footer is about 2000lbs. I guess no problem for a Tractor that size. I picked up a huge 10ft long gum log once (actually the biggest tree I ever felled) with a Timberjack grapple skidder. It picked up the butt end but I remember driving back to the landing, with over 3 1/2 tons of log on the back the front of the skidder would "float" up off the ground and stay there until I stopped and backed up a little. No front wheels on the ground, no steer.

Reminds me of my of an italian guy who reckons that one of the uses of a wife was to sit on the front of the tractor to keep the steering wheels on the ground

Reminds me of my of an italian guy who reckons that one of the uses of a wife was to sit on the front of the tractor to keep the steering wheels on the ground

Years ago, I would unload bundles of 20' 6/4 Oak, need 5 to 6 other
men to climb all over the back (on top of roll cage also) to hold it down.
It was a inside fork lift, unloading out side in gravel, with guys still on it
would put 20' bundle through 14' wide door. We made solid oak roll top
desk, No plywood, no veneer. If OSHA would have ever stopped there
they would have shut the doors..........It was one mean place to work.

hmm...never thought of that...:cheers:

Back