Logosol M7 owners, would you buy again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a jeep advertised locally a couple of years ago: "comes with 8000 lb WENCH". :jawdrop:

I bet she came in handy when that jeep got stuck.......:D

You know, I used to make a lot of mud runs with a Jeep and I really had one of those. Had a 8000 Warn on the jeep and the 5'7", 125lb blonde "WENCH" to pull the cable when we got stuck. It didn't get to cold or to deep for this woman. Man, I've got some stories about those Mud Runs.

Rodney

This is from Logosol web site, it is a spur (drum) type
Sprocket 3/8 Picco 7 for Stihl 066
[1122-640-2006] $41.25

Dose Bailey's sell a Picco rim that will fit the 066?

Sorry mate I missed this one , I tried to PM you but can't for some reason , I will get back to you with info soon , Bailey's changed their site somewhat , a while back probably a fair while back , just getting info off of Bailey's at the moment . My email is [email protected]

Originally Posted by Trigger-Time View Post
[1122-640-2006] $41.25

Logosol sell the 0000-642-1223 rim to fit on the MS361 which otherwise does not have a Picco specific sprocket available. (The 1122-640-2006 has a different tooth profile from the normal spur sprocket.)

Since the splines on the clutch drum for the MS361, and for the 044 are the same, it may be the splines for he 066 are the same (fingers crossed) in which the 0000-642-1223 may work. The problem may be the power handling.

[1122-640-2006] $41.25

Hi Trigger-Time ....... Yes you can get rim sprocket's for 066 - ms660 one's are the same , as Bailey's said any 3/8 x 7/8 rim sprocket is suitable to run this chain on the 066 , as I thought the rim sprocket's were designed to run .050 up to .063 gage chain as there is only .3 of a mm diff between the gage's .050 being 1.3mm and .063 being 1.6mm . Cheer's MM ps I attached there response . I tried to post this last night , but my generator ran out of gas , at about 2am so I went to bed .

Logosol sell the 0000-642-1223 rim to fit on the MS361 which otherwise does not have a Picco specific sprocket available. (The 1122-640-2006 has a different tooth profile from the normal spur sprocket.)

Since the splines on the clutch drum for the MS361, and for the 044 are the same, it may be the splines for he 066 are the same (fingers crossed) in which the 0000-642-1223 may work. The problem may be the power handling.

Stihl 361,044/440,441,046/460,064,650,066/660,084,088/880 all use same size splines. (ID of rim sprocket)

Even better mate , eh at $3.50us a rim . Cheer's MM

I have used a Reg. 3/8 rim sprocket W/Picco chain.....thought I could hear the chain
making a noise, so I took it off. The Picco and reg 3/8 rims are different.
Web between slots are a different thickness. Reg 3/8 .075, Picco .125
You can see difference in picture. Looks as if angle of driver slot is also
different.

Picco sprocket is on the right

attachment.php

Last edited:
One more tid bit, Picco rims dia are a bit larger

Picco 7T.....1.433 dia = 4.502 circumference..........+0.167
Reg. 3/8 7T 1.380 dia = 4.335 circumference

Picco 8T......1.664 dia = 5.260 circumference........+0.183
Reg. 3/8 8T..1.606 dia = 5.077 circumference

Differance between the dia of sprockets don't seem that much, But running at 10,000 rpm and more it could IMO.

attachment.php

Here are the chains. The top is a standard cross cut chain, and the lower is the Picco. This would explain why the Picco rim is a bigger diameter. The pitch, ie the distance between the rivet centres is 3/8" in both cases, but with the Picco straps being thinner, it means the rim has to be slightly larger to make the centres of the rivets follow the same path measured from the centre of the crankshaft.

With all the interest in milling, I wonder why Stihl doesn't produce a Picco rim instead of our having to use the wrong part.

This means that Baily's information is not quite correct.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here are the chains. The top is a standard cross cut chain, and the lower is the Picco. This would explain why the Picco rim is a bigger diameter. The pitch, ie the distance between the rivet centres is 3/8" in both cases, but with the Picco straps being thinner, it means the rim has to be slightly larger to make the centres of the rivets follow the same path measured from the centre of the crankshaft.

With all the interest in milling, I wonder why Stihl doesn't produce a Picco rim instead of our having to use the wrong part.

This means that Baily's information is not quite correct.

attachment.php

Hi Roy I see there is a difference in the profile , now is easy to see why a diff sprocket for picco chain's is needed . I have been doing some digging around and talked to a Carlton chain guy , he said why don't you use carlton low pro chain , it has the same bottom of tooth profile as the standard chain and you can run normal standard sprockets with it . Sound's good to me . Cheer's MM

Thanks for the info.

I'd like to see a picture alongside the standard Stihl chain. This exercise has taken a fair bit of time, and I don't wan't to spend more money collecting parts which "may be useful one day".

Thanks for the info.

I'd like to see a picture alongside the standard Stihl chain. This exercise has taken a fair bit of time, and I don't wan't to spend more money collecting parts which "may be useful one day".

Bailey's chain WoodsmanPro chain Is Carlton chain rebadged . Cheer's MM

Latest posts

Back