logosol railway system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnarfan

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i was just checking out the logosol site and was looking at the railroad system that one of the electrolux engineers came up with to support his mill. great idea. anyone around here try that? i'm interested in seeing if there are any rail suppliers.. i'm in maine.. wondering how much of a challenge that will be here as i'm unaware of a peat industry...hehe

i was just checking out the logosol site and was looking at the railroad system that one of the electrolux engineers came up with to support his mill. great idea. anyone around here try that? i'm interested in seeing if there are any rail suppliers.. i'm in maine.. wondering how much of a challenge that will be here as i'm unaware of a peat industry...hehe

Hi Gunna do you have any pic's mate , I would like to see some . Cheer's MM

You might try to search for railroads that are installed in zoos and amusement parks, or perhaps portable ones that appear in county fairs. It seems those would be about the right size for the load.

Ted

I've purchased rail from both of these suppliers before.

in your area:
Call Toll Free: 1-800-222-2773
[email protected]

i've found american steel out of portland to be cheaper though. Looks like they've changed their name
http://www.novamerican.com/

As an aside, for the weights you're dealing with you might want to look into using angle iron. They make v-groove casters that work well on top of an angle iron track. I've set some pretty heavy equipment on those and they've worked fine. Steel is insanely high priced right now and rail is heavy so you'd be spending a lot of money on that rail.

two very great options. i was also interested in adapting the guy on logosol's monorail system as well.... he has video of pulling it along by hand. you have to go to the link on the bottome of his story to get to his site. kind of a cool way to get stuff out on your own land....

check out the skidder they use.... its in the new section

was bumbed that the greenwood guys link doesn't work

...As an aside, for the weights you're dealing with you might want to look into using angle iron. They make v-groove casters that work well on top of an angle iron track. I've set some pretty heavy equipment on those and they've worked fine. Steel is insanely high priced right now and rail is heavy so you'd be spending a lot of money on that rail.
I agree, we have a similar setup on one of our rigs at work, it involves v-groove casters riding on 1/8 inch angle iron, and there is a ton of weight on the thing. I can't imagine even the largest engine/saw setup even coming close to the weight something like that cold hold. Also, with angle iron, there would be much less of a problem with chips and pieces of bark etc collecting on the track to screw up the smooth ride since there is little flat surface for it to settle on.

ran into one 8 ft section of narrow gauge that came from a saw mill. might use that for one specific purpose and go with the angle iron for the rest of my immediate projects. when i get access to a larger property then i'd like to explore some other options like a monorail setup or something. will see what i do for outside during the winter.

Groovy

Looking for a good dealer of the v casters in my area... otherwise theres a candadian outfit on "theBay" that sells sets of 4 or sometimes 20.

geez now i'll have to explore the large and the smally "groovy setup" looks simple enough to do.

I'd say that site really nails it. Much better pricing than what i'd seen previously and really a nice wide variety of weight limits

I don't understand the restriction. what siding? Are we still talking about moving logs on rails here or some sort of small scale model railroad thing?

edit: I got it; no side tracks. The "v"s would derail.

Last edited:
Back