logsplitter problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemtk

Reaction score
I been splitting wood when my hydraulic pump was't shifting from high speed to lowspeed. It still splits great but it takes forever to cycle. Can anyone tell me what to check. Any ideas would be appreciated. THANKS.

you might need a hydraulic pump. I am getting a new one for my splitter, with the hope to increase my cycle time. You can get them pretty cheap at a hydraulic junkyard, or new off the internet. check yours for leaks in the line or around the resivour or pump too.

I been splitting wood when my hydraulic pump was't shifting from high speed to lowspeed. It still splits great but it takes forever to cycle. Can anyone tell me what to check. Any ideas would be appreciated. THANKS.

isn't there a pressure vavle in the pump to tell it when to kick into low speed?

it may be stuck.

It sounds like it is running full time in the high pressure/low speed mode. That's why it's so slow. Probably the bypass valve is stuck open, or has a broken spring.

Don the hydraulics guy

Latest posts

Back