lokomo 919 turbo engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digga

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi im after some help i have a lokomo 919 10 ton 8 wheel forwarder that i need to put a new engine in . as was sold to me with a very tired engine that is to small but i knew this when i got it. Anyway now i have the money i want to put a descent engine in it i have had someone look at it and they think they can fit a 6 cylinder180 hp cummins or even a 210hp 8 cylinder in it what i would like to know is what engine would you guys go for ? .The worries i have is would the 210hp have to much Torque for the gearbox to handle ? does anyone know how i can find out what size engine this machine had in it originally? think lokomo was brought by timberjack so emailed them but havent heard back:confused: Any help would be appreciated big time

Best thing to do is try to find out what gearbox it has and then contact the company and find out what the tourqe limits are. Guessing games tend to lead to breaking down in bad areas.

Latest posts

Back