Lombard chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was obvious someone was imitating someone but until now I didn't know who started it.

Pretty easy to see the design similarities...

Bill

Need to add Pioneer, Poulan, perhaps Mono and some others as well. Stretching it far would include the Ropers.

attachment.php

7mm solid core wire is available at your local auto parts store. Easy fix.

Well, went ahead and picked it up today...40 bux. Came with the spare carb and extra dog. Complete, solid, and clean. Top end looks good through the exhaust, but I wasn't impressed by the compression. That said, there's a pretty hacked helicoil job for the plug that may be partly responsible and will need to be re-done sooner than later if it'll take another one installed properly.

So, no spark. Guy claimed he needed to re-route and repair the plug wire due to arching against the muffler causing it to cut out, but it recently just quit running.

Think I may have found that problem!

attachment.php

attachment.php

All in all it was worth the ride and I'm becoming more and more appreciative of these older saws. Though this one isn't exactly a classic old saw, there is a certain cool factor about it and there's 68cc's in a fairly nice little package that should be fun to run when I get it going.

So about the availability of misc parts for this rascal? Whatchya got old 040?

i'll have to see what's left, what exactly do you need?

After this thread started, Gave me the nudge to
work on this AV model i have. I did Carls trick with
the Homelite duck bill in the oiler elbow and all is
well. No more smoking out the neighbor hood.

Just picked up another Lombard off the bay last night.
I know i paid to much for it but it's the second AV
model i've seen and it's all black and appears to be
original paint. Has anyone ever seen an all black
Lombard?

Lee

Lombard?

Lee

Only the dynamark label in black that I've seen and that was on the bay. I actually bought it and the seller shipped it to me then the fine postal service sent it back to him busted up so he had to give me a refund.

Only the dynamark label in black that I've seen and that was on the bay. I actually bought it and the seller shipped it to me then the fine postal service sent it back to him busted up so he had to give me a refund.

This one is labeled Lombard AP42.
I will post pic's when it arrives. You
can check completed listing if you
would to see it.

Lee

This one is labeled Lombard AP42.
I will post pic's when it arrives. You
can check completed listing if you
would to see it.

Lee

the one i sold last summer was the black one with orange decals, i still have a sales brochure that shows this model.............;)

Not 100% sure yet. Was just curious about your stock. Could certainly use an air filter, maybe a choke rod, that sort of thing....
.....hopefully not a cylinder!

i know there was a n.o.s. air filter in there, but i can't remember if i used it, i'll try to get out where the parts are at tomorrow................:wink2:

Lombard?

Lee

Don't you go thinking you have the market cornered on the AV Lombards. I have an AV model, same paint job as your first, just not as clean. Once I replace the oiler check valve I temporarily appropriated from it, it'll be a good runner.

Chris B.

Don't you go thinking you have the market cornered on the AV Lombards. I have an AV model, same paint job as your first, just not as clean. Once I replace the oiler check valve I temporarily appropriated from it, it'll be a good runner.

Chris B.

Oh i never said i had the market cornered. Just never seen one
till i bought this orange and white and then yesterday the black one.
Of coarse i never really paid much attention to Lombards until
recently. Kinda bringing back old memories of repairng them
at the old lawn mower shop i worked at.

Lee

Latest posts

Back