long chainsaw idle bad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yooperman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I worked at a house today and the guy next door had his saw (husky) sitting on the ground idleing for a good 7-8 minutes. I don't know what he was doing, maybe inside eating lunch. I've seen him do it before. Today it was around 80 out. I can't believe this is a good practice. What are the possible sideeffects? Although I have to say it did idle good.

I worked at a house today and the guy next door had his saw (husky) sitting on the ground idleing for a good 7-8 minutes. I don't know what he was doing, maybe inside eating lunch. I've seen him do it before. Today it was around 80 out. I can't believe this is a good practice. What are the possible sideeffects? Although I have to say it did idle good.

That is easy he saw some jealous stihl owners giving
his saw the evil eye and was baiting them ! :hmm3grin2orange:

That is easy he saw some jealous stihl owners giving
his saw the evil eye and was baiting them !
Then when they stole it, as he was thinking and hoping that they would, he could claim the "loss" of that POS and go out and buy himself a real s(tihl)aw.
:biggrinbounce2:

I leave a saw running for a lot longer then that. I had a couple little top handle echo saws. I leave one by the chipper ideling the whole time the chipper is running. I leave the brake on. It's a lot easier when you have a limb that needs to be cut to go through the chipper to have the saw running. It really speeds things up. The saw is 5-years old and still runs fine. I paid $140 for the saw new in the box on e-bay. It's a throw away like most chainsaws so I wouldn't worry about ideling it to much. If it needs a repair again it going to ebay as a saw that needs work and I'll buy another. It's paid for it's self many times

Scott

Back