Long time quest, recent member needs 359 Husky Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcapodan

Reaction score
My saw is 4 years new. Ran perfect till last month. I pulled it apart and found the piston ring was melted to the piston. And it scored up the exhaust side the the cylinder wall and piston head.

I bought a new Piston kit. And cross hatched the cylinder. It ran for about 20 minutes but with very little power. Compression is only at about 90. I know it should be at 100 to 125.

MY QUESTION:
Can anyone sell me a new or refurbed cylinder? Or can I get my cylinder refurbed? They cost $250 ! At that price I will probably just get a new saw. Not very happy about this Husky....

Youll want to get ahold of member Coveredinsap.

Let us know what he says!!

Have you tried Ebay? There are ALOT of P&C sets on there all the time. As far as honing your cylinder, it all depends on how bad the damage is. If the scores are deep, then you are wasting your time. You may be able to find something at Baileys also, site sponsor.

You can probably get about $100 for the saw as-is plus the price of cylinder and piston. Not unreasonable to move off of it.

You can use U.S. Chrome and buy a cheapy piston off Ebay @ $150.

Fred

BTW 4 years aint bad. Try 2 mins on a much more expensive saw.

If you can tell me the numbers on the side of your cylinder I may be able to help.

I may be mistaken, but look on ebay, there might just be cylinder kits for your saw for sale at MUCH less than $250. hope this helps some.

I will get the numbers for you off the side of the cylinder. I have been watching Ebay and Craigslist on a daily basis ! Not a real popular saw. I wonder if the 357 Xp cylinder and piston would "bolt on"?

Anyway, I will get those numbers. Thanks everyone. I may just buy another 359 and keep mine for parts...

Back