Look what I found in a saw!?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattthompson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
View attachment 298168

Well, I went to the scrap yard yesterday and came back with a Craftsman 3.7 PS. Saw fired with a little gas in the carb. Was checking the saw over for switches and button and saw the sparkplug was sticking out really far, so I screwed it out and it kept coming out. Turns out it was a lawnmower plug. Replaced it with another one and cleaned the carb, a solid plug of saw dust was in the screen. Fired on three pulls, went to cutting.

View attachment 298168

Well, I went to the scrap yard yesterday and came back with a Craftsman 3.7 PS. Saw fired with a little gas in the carb. Was checking the saw over for switches and button and saw the sparkplug was sticking out really far, so I screwed it out and it kept coming out. Turns out it was a lawnmower plug. Replaced it with another one and cleaned the carb, a solid plug of saw dust was in the screen. Fired on three pulls, went to cutting.

Have the same saw in Poulan green. Lent it to a friend and came back with a scored piston. Needless to say last saw I lent out!!!

View attachment 298168

Good job. Wish I could find jewels like that!

I was told that it can also be used as a piston stop. In some models anyway?
Never dared to try it tho. I prefer the rope trick.

Have the same saw in Poulan green. Lent it to a friend and came back with a scored piston. Needless to say last saw I lent out!!!

I'm done lending too!!!!! Mine was worse lent one of my Husky 261/262 conversions WP of course. Guy sold it for $175 to his son. Who is real HAPPY. You can guess how much I've gotten.:msp_angry::censored: found that out when I asked about my saws. Same guy same time was having yard sale wanted to know if I had anything I wanted to sell. Sent him an Efco 165 wanted $125 he sold it on credit.
Shep

euuu. Thats a champion plug. My uncle told me of getting a new Ford crate motor once that had 3 out of 8 bad champion plugs in it from the factory. I have never bought a champion plug. And my 262xp is one of my favorites. Thats truely sad. You should file a small claims case and make him pay you for the two saws.

Back