look what i found on yahoo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys know that ash borers don't JUST attack ash trees? They will go after almost any hardwood, also they are alot more spread out than the states think. I found some in Walnut & clamy locust & black locust & Honey locust & box elder(I think). What larvea looks exactly like the ash borer's? It makes S-like tunnels between the wood itself and the bark, then the bark comes off easily.
I think there is a better way of controlling this thing than cutting down more trees. Which has killed more trees the borer itself or dumbass's that think they have to cut down trees to keep it from spreading? We need to find its natural predetors and let them kill the borer! If anyone is familiar with organic gardening and how they(we) control pests that suck! Thats the ticket! The states that have been infected seem to be using this little bug as a cheap labor cost effective way to develope land. (replace the trees that MIGHT be infected with cheap housing developments) AHHHHH! the ash borer...stamps out the firewood dealers and makes housing developers rich. Too many rich people are getting richer off this little devil!

I dont want to sound dumb but, I think its to far gone for trying to stop it. I live in a locked down area and I cant move fire wood out side of this area. I dont do this but the little bugs can fly so that means they can fly where ever they want. We are really in trouble with this little bug. Kinda like the box elder bug. I would like to learn more. Thanks alot Jack

Emerald Ash Borer

There was just an article in the Allentown, PA. paper yesterday, 5/31 saying that no one is allowed to bring firewood in PA. because of this pest. Like the last post read, I can't imagine how this could be controlled. I hope that we find an answer to this little bugger!

What really happened...

This little bug was imported by utility companies to force regulation and bad news stories on firewood in order to down play the advantages of wood burning over the use of their artificially inflated -overpriced, unreliable, and now "optional" services.

there- I said it.

p.s. everything is a conspiracy

elektrobot said:
This little bug was imported by utility companies to force regulation and bad news stories on firewood in order to down play the advantages of wood burning over the use of their artificially inflated -overpriced, unreliable, and now "optional" services.

there- I said it.

p.s. everything is a conspiracy

That seems to be whats going on if you look at in that way. maybe not, we'll never know the facts.

The local newspaper a few days ago had an article that said quarantine or removal weren't working. The EAB is running rampant. The Dept. of Agriculture stated that they have too little funding or resources for much further control. There are confirmed EAB infestations in more than half of our counties. Sure hope that mountain ash grows well here as it's less susceptible to the EAB.

Latest posts

Back