Looked at Husky's tonight......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53 said:
You really are the perfect Saw Witch:) You might have to chat with mine...

LOL!

Best I could hope to negotiate is to wind up w/ my own dishwasher out in the barn...I'm pretty much banned from getting my 'projects' near the household appliances. :buttkick:

Bye for now friends...hope to SEE y'all a few days from now. I'm headed in for eye surgery to hopefully end 9 years of recurrant corneal erosions.

But if worse comes to worse I'll still be keeping my saws you VULTURES!! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Lakeside53 said:
You really are the perfect Saw Witch:) You might have to chat with mine...

I would be happy to do so, but first you could try show her my posts here.

You can tell your wife from me, that there is nothing wrong with putting the air filters in the dishwasher - it doesn't mess up anything else, and the filters becomes good as new! :rockn: :rockn:

Give here a :heart: from me, and I wish you both good luck!

Last edited:
Lakeside53 said:
I believe I know why...

Much of the air restrictive clogging you see is from the inside.. The spit-back for the 029 increases as the piston skirt wears, and coats mix onto the filter. The gas evaporates and leave the oil to form a resin mixture of wood resins/mix oil.. All saws spit back - the 029/039 doesn't have a spit guard or a sponge, and seems to be "spittier" than most..

I split the filter, drop it in some coleman lantern fluid for a while to dissolve the resins/oil, take it out, drain of the excess and blow out with air from the inside. If it needs more, spray on a diluted (4:1) purple cleaner, wait 5 minutes, wash off with warm water an blow dry. Most filters come back to new when treated like this...
Thanks Lakeside, I'll have to try washing them like that!

Latest posts

Back