Looking at a Husky 61

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The parts saw came with a new filter and it easily allows air to pass. More of a plastic screen type material. This filter appears to be covered in what I thought was fine saw dust. However it was late, I was drinking and I couldn't for the life of me blow any of the dust off the filter. Maybe it is felt. Then why would it run so well. Maybe I need to run it a couple hours and see if it acts up.

Well look at that. I just looked up Husqvarna Flocked air filter. And that is exactly what it is. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Well it runs now anyway.

To post the pictures you type in img that has [] on either side, the web address of where the picture is posted http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/chainsaw/255386d1349291091-husky-61-running-jpg and then follow that by /img with the [] brackets around it.

If that doesn't make sense, just go to the thread where I posted your pic and hit reply with quote and you'll see how it goes together.

That's one of the newer ones, if the covers are the originals. The serial number will tell the age of the saw.

View attachment 255387

asset.php

Last edited:
I did take the spark arrestor screen off of the muffler. Do you guys think I'll be OK? :msp_rolleyes: Just wanted it to breath a little. Anything else on the muffler I can do short of welding pieces?

Here is how it starts. Choke on 5 pulls. Choke off 5 pulls and it starts. Is this normal? I adjusted the carb a little for top end. Cut two 14 inch cookies rather well. Tested the chain stop by dropping the bar on a log like the manual states. Tested the kickback safetey mechanism. Works. I took the drive side off with the brake band. Wow was it gummed up in there. Did a quick clean up with air hose. Put it back together and let it idle, reved up a couple times, let it idle some more. Shut off and it started right up. I don't see where it's building up like the previous owner stated.

Latest posts

Back