looking at firewood processors...nothing really tickles my fancy...what have you run?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kiwi, i used to think crd is where its at, but the more research i did the more i shyed away. Yes u can get into more machine for the money, but its built, not overbuilt. They use mild steel, not hardened, splitter box starts to peen over time, bearings fail.
Fine if your handy, but what really scared me away was parts. If your.handy enough to source it on your own, your find, but from what i hear the parts dept is pretty useless. Owner is the only guy with inside out knowledge of the product.
I was told by a crd owner, u better know how to weld if u buy one.
They were really only a competitor on the rabido loco based on its price.
The lesser units are overpriced and the competition is better.
Dyna is amish built, and a solid design for a light price

So your talking 2 full cord a hour with good wood?
I hope i smoke that figure. Dam.
Dont understand how the wood market got so picky.
Dont these people.like some overnighters?
My goal is to build a client list that tales it as it comes, gonna weed the complainers out!!!

Kiwi, i used to think crd is where its at, but the more research i did the more i shyed away. Yes u can get into more machine for the money, but its built, not overbuilt. They use mild steel, not hardened, splitter box starts to peen over time, bearings fail.
Fine if your handy, but what really scared me away was parts. If your.handy enough to source it on your own, your find, but from what i hear the parts dept is pretty useless. Owner is the only guy with inside out knowledge of the product.
I was told by a crd owner, u better know how to weld if u buy one.
They were really only a competitor on the rabido loco based on its price.
The lesser units are overpriced and the competition is better.
Dyna is amish built, and a solid design for a light price
Thanks Timbercreek.
I was only aware of a few build issues with the older CRD's and haven't heard much negative about the more recent of the rapido loco models.

Yes, they seemed to have addressed some issues, as far as build quality.
And the only feedback i have is on the rapido jr.

So your talking 2 full cord a hour with good wood?
I hope i smoke that figure. Dam.
Dont understand how the wood market got so picky.
Dont these people.like some overnighters?
My goal is to build a client list that tales it as it comes, gonna weed the complainers out!!!

That's just the state of the world and it's trickled into everything including firewood.

Don't wanna lift a finger but want to tell you how to do your job.

I think you're on the right path, dump the goofballs as soon as possible and you'll be ahead in the long run.

Pulled the trigger on a used dyna sc 16.
3 strand live deck
14' conveyor, 25" bar.
Kubota diesel.
455hrs. 4 and a 6 way wedge.
Single axle trailer.
My back feels better already!!
I cannot wait to put some cords thru this thing!!!
See if i can pull off the 4 cords a hr they claim!!

@Timbercreek It's awfully muddy outside so I was curious if you have time to give an update how your winter went with the Dyna SC16.

Thanks!

WCA

At the time, I didn't know of the "plus" model (15-20 plus). It has the 18-20 splitter box, wedge and saw so can do 24" wood and is much beefier.

I've got to fix this before I start doing bundle wood. Just a 4 way means way too much resplitting compared to 6. New one is about $700, so gonna fix it.

20180329_194455.jpg

In my other post I said I have a 15ft conveyor. Not sure why I said that, it's 20ft. The one on the 18-20 is 30ft.

As far as ouput, I can do a cord in about 3hrs. That's trimming logs, loading, cutting and stacking in the truck. Roughly 1.75-2hrs if I have a hired hand stacking.

Wca,
Ive done quite a bit of wood with the dyna.
Ive done several cord for myself (owb feed, nothing picky split size or length...up to 30")
Solo, setup,load,process
Doing a 6x10 dumptrailer, about 1.5cords in hr and a half.
Small wood slows u down, 1 cut= 1 piece, whereas biggee wood is 1 cut=4 pieces.
Machine will not run the 6 way wedge on oak. I tried it on 18" red oak, split 1st piece, jammed on wedge piece 2 and 6, they are such a bear to remove i gave up and went back to 4. Still certain woods will jamm that. Hemlock and hornbeam, swamp maple with limb knots catching the sidewedges will stop it too.
Seems u need more then 30 ton.
Chainlife seems horrible.
2 chains per 8hrs if im lucky. Def max life.
Wish i had the slasher for this reason alone. Hate chains.
Done 30-40 cord subcontracting for a guy.
Was pretty miserable doing so, he wanted small chunks (lots of resplits)
And was trying to feed me landclearing junk.
Would like to know how he explains red cedar and birch to his customers.
Back was singing after 8hrs.
Not so sure i need that aggrevation again.

Back