Looking for a saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaFarmboy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Folks,
I was reading some of the posts about bigger saws and was wondering about 50cc saws. So here's a couple questions for you pros. What is the snottiest 50cc saw period? Newer saws generally don't get the respect/love of old time saws(old stihl's for example) so what would you think is the snottiest new saw off the shelf? As I said, you guys are the pros and I'd love to read the debates on this. Thanks

The 450 rancher is a good starter saw. I was actually impressed with the one I saw. The guy got it for100 at a black Friday sale.

I've always run stihls , I would lean pro grade over farm grade.

Huskie 550xp is a mean lil saw, the previous model a 346 was impressive as well. As for the stihls I've own a 250 & 260, didn't really care for those, the 250 was lighter and just as fast, just super finicky and the reason why I run husky. Off the shelf, 550xp. Tuned up... depends on the builder.

Huskie 550xp is a mean lil saw, the previous model a 346 was impressive as well. As for the stihls I've own a 250 & 260, didn't really care for those, the 250 was lighter and just as fast, just super finicky and the reason why I run husky. Off the shelf, 550xp. Tuned up... depends on the builder.
MS250 is PITA plain and simple. Now I am older and it's impossible

I "liked" that because the ms250 is a hard-to-start, over-priced, cheaply built, buzzy s.o.b. that is also a strong, reasonably durable decent runner. Stihl could and should do better for the money.

Yep. Now if I need to use a reliable Saw I start up one of my Echo's. Anyone wanting to buy a Stihl ms250 or ms192T should contact me. I done with Stihl.

Back