looking for a saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctkiteboarding

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
whats up folks, im looking for a saw to fit between my 020/335's and my 272,, i have a 254 and i like it ,, im looking for some thing light and powerful to work in the bucket and take down large dia. rounds up top, any suggestions,, im a husky guy but have 1 or 2 other saws thanks R

Hard to answer, as you don't say where in the present line-up the new saw shall fit.

If you want to replace the 254 with a new saw with about the same weight and a bit more power, the obvious answer is MS361.........

...and if you want the saw to be lighter than the 254, the best answers probably are either Dolmar PS-5100 (allmost retaining the power, but a tad lighter), or Husky 346xp (lighter than the 5100, but also less power).

Last edited:
ctkiteboarding said:
has anyone tried the 339xp

Mike Maas uses the 336, the little brother of the 339xp, and like it a lot, I understand (339xp hasn't been available in the US until recently).

...but the 339xp is the rear handle version of the 338xpt, so I don't think it will fill your bill - to little power gain over the 335.

..and whatever you get, make sure that it isn't a cat version.

Last edited:
ctkiteboarding said:
thanks im thinkin 346

346 is a fine choice, you just need to accompany it with razor sharp chain for best effiency...

Back