looking for a seasoned tree appraiser

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stltreedr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If anyone has much experience appraising trees for vehicular damage and associated insurance claims, please let me know. I have some questions and would be happy to pay you for your time.

My experience has been that its usually a person that has the mindset , "Ima gonna get paid!" and will expect you play along but for free and in the end there really is no money coming from nowhere for anything but to clean it up. If it does the money will go into the homeowners pocket.

Dealing larger scale you can expect to get paid but you have to know what you are talking about. Like how you came up with the price. Best thing to do is to give a price to remove the remaining tree and replace with nursery stock. In many cases the homeowner blows it out of shape trying to make money on this deal and you end getting nothing, not even the work.

Sooooo... whose up for providing free estimates? Whose dumbass idea was that anyway? Everytime I write for ins I tried hard to make sure I get money for it, I might be sneaky but if I know and they don't why should I? I have told some people I am not going to write a free estimate for their insurance company. Sometimes the job is so complicated I feel I want money.

If you are still going to do this then I would look for a private appraiser either you or the client can hire. They are easy to find in general and you can fill in the blanks. I would just tell the client to call their own private appraiser who should be able to handle the BS involved while you do your thing and then get on with the rest of your day. A private appraiser should be able to handle pricing out trees or at least be very willing to muck it through and make his money. And I guess he should after what he's gotta put up with.

ive been hired by the insurance company. ive done single tree appraisals in the past, and im comfortable with it. I just want to consult with another arborist on which appraisal method might be the most appropriate for this particular situation.

ive been hired by the insurance company. ive done single tree appraisals in the past, and im comfortable with it. I just want to consult with another arborist on which appraisal method might be the most appropriate for this particular situation.

Oh thank god and good for you! I thought this was going to another homeowner trying to work a tree guy for ins. money.

You could still take the advise and contact a regular general private ins adjuster to see what he has to say. These guys are readily available and might have valuable insight.

I've been doing it 22 years; have done teleconsulting if you can send the right info. contact me thru website. article attached was a true story (except for the lunch details, and the fax machine was in the bedroom, but the editors would have none of that the stodgy soandsos).

Insurance adjusters ime have no clue; that's wha tarborists are for. :)

As for seasoning, I like turmeric and ancho chilis and parley. ;)

Attachments

• Detective Dendro - The Case of the Suspicious Specks.pdf
    280.3 KB · Views: 3
thanks treeseer- i actually just finished it up today, im comfortable enough with it to defend it in court if necessary. i will keep you in mind if i have questions next time.

Confidence is half the battle--keep it up! i should check this site more often...

Latest posts

Back