Looking for best Gaff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hsteldt

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently am working for a landscaping business and we are expanding into more tree removal. I am curious on what the best type of gaff is for you money. I have tried looking at other threads for this stuff but i was drawing a bunch of nothing. If you guys could let me know brands and sizes of stuff that you thought was good I would appreciate the information!

Safe cutting

landscaping business...expanding into more tree removal.

What a brilliant idea!
I'm thinking of expanding into deceased pet chipping and internment services.
get a pair of Kleins with Caddy (aluminum w. foam rubber inserts) pads.

Okay we are not just starting into tree removal we have been doing it for a long time but we currently just rent lifts and I am trying to talk my boss into just getting gaffs so i can just climb the trees.

Get a set of Talons. You can climb all day without your arches getting destroyed.

All our company's climbers use Climb Right aluminums with ultra-light pads or Geckos.
Do the Climb Right match up to the traditional, more expensive aluminum spurs? My Bashlin aluminums disappeared on a job last month. Not liking using my Buckingham steel back-ups. Pole gaffs, all the way.

Aluminum Bashlins with SHARP pole gaffs, one of my guys uses my steel Buckinghams but I hate those damn things. Its not the weight but the way they fit me, can't get them to not give me a rash/semi blister.

I second the klein/caddy combo. The spur offset really helps with stability if you ask me.

In my opinion though, a really good pair of boots is more important than a really good pair of spikes. You can have the most comfortable spikes money can buy, but if your climbing in cowboy boots your gonna want to chop your feet off at the end of the day.

I second the klein/caddy combo. The spur offset really helps with stability if you ask me.

In my opinion though, a really good pair of boots is more important than a really good pair of spikes. You can have the most comfortable spikes money can buy, but if your climbing in cowboy boots your gonna want to chop your feet off at the end of the day.

I second that.

Back