Looking for Delivererd Firewood Logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocosil

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The old-timer who used to deliver my annual 6-8 cord firewood logs went to His Maker four years ago. Since then, I've cleared most of the burnable stuff off my own property and have started to look around in the general vicinity of Freeport, Maine for a replacement supplier. Plenty of the "cut, split, and delivered" sort around, but not much luck finding log-lengths, and, although I'm well into geezer status, I figure I still have a few years left in me to do my own fittin'. I'll be glad to pay the going rate around here of $90/cord - double what I paid the last time, but then, fuel oil is about four times what it was then. :jawdrop:

So, if there's anyone out there who can comply, or knows of someone who might, please shoot me a PM.

Much obliged and :cheers:

Bob

Mmmmm. Just found out that you can edit the text, but not the subject title. That word is supposed to be "delivered": as if you couldn't guess.

Bob

You might want too check your local logging companies in your area.
We do firewood in tree length but it's local and really just a sideline too the core business. Some of your cut/split guys are just buying tree length and processing, so I'm sure you'll find a guy. You'll probably have to buy a whole truckload of 6-8 cord, but thats what you need anyways.:cheers:

I'm in Litchfield and everyone here is getting $100 to $125 per cord tree length, 8 cord minimum. (full tri-axle)
Find a logger at the local coffee shop/country store. That is your best bet.
I wish you luck in your search.

I'm in Litchfield and everyone here is getting $100 to $125 per cord tree length, 8 cord minimum. (full tri-axle)

Well, there you go, still going up, like everything else. The price I mentioned is what heard last summer. But, whatever it takes. Thanks for the advice. I have a possible lead in Durham.

Bob

Back