Looking for groundman possibly climber northwest CT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would be happy to train the right individual. I need reliable help for my small owner operated tree service. I climb and have a bucket, I have been doing treework for 20 years, hands on and have had the good fortune of learning from good people, I could pass that on. I have had my own buisiness for 12 years now if I could find some decent people things are ready to take off this year. CDL would be an advantage but not required. Paul 860 4598395

Last edited:
I could ground and drive for around 23 per hour plus full benifits or climb for around 35 but I don't drive then.I would be your employee, I get paid for lunch or I don't take it and after 40 hours its time and a half. I want 1 week right now with 5 personals and you better not have any mice in your trucks cause if my ropes get messed up I am going to have to charge you. Call me anytime.
If you payed me the 35 for 40 hours I would take home about 1100.00.

100.00 per hour + benefits, moving expense relocation package! I would
strongly consider this, but we both know even though it is worth that
you could not afford it. It is my minimum to consider relocating especially to the NE!
I really don't think I could handle the culture shock.

Last edited:
i moved here from east Tennessee.

culture shock is an understatement!

these folks let the tax man in their house for an assessment! insane

I could ground and drive for around 23 per hour plus full benifits or climb for around 35 but I don't drive then.I would be your employee, I get paid for lunch or I don't take it and after 40 hours its time and a half. I want 1 week right now with 5 personals and you better not have any mice in your trucks cause if my ropes get messed up I am going to have to charge you. Call me anytime.
If you payed me the 35 for 40 hours I would take home about 1100.00.

i guess ya may as well shoot for your dream job!

i guess ya may as well shoot for your dream job!

A few years ago I applied at Aspen-The Care of Trees. It was pouring down rain and a little cold when I walked into the door and said to the crew foreman" Do you know what happens when a tree guy gets wet?" All the office types look over with beaming smiles of anticipation when he replied" No, what", in a apprehensive way. I simply told them that I didn't know and really had no plans of finding out. I passed on the job but it could of been right for some.
I think I just keep spouting these pathetic stories but they are quite literal. The reason being is that I have to ask" What the hell do you expect me to do, what are you making me responsible for, and how low do you expect me to go!?".

treemandan, must be nice to be able to pick your jobs. Most of us need to support a family and take anything that's halfway decent. Sounds like you should work for yourself. Just as long as you can meet your own standards.

A few years ago I applied at Aspen-The Care of Trees. It was pouring down rain and a little cold when I walked into the door and said to the crew foreman" Do you know what happens when a tree guy gets wet?" All the office types look over with beaming smiles of anticipation when he replied" No, what", in a apprehensive way. I simply told them that I didn't know and really had no plans of finding out. I passed on the job but it could of been right for some.
I think I just keep spouting these pathetic stories but they are quite literal. The reason being is that I have to ask" What the hell do you expect me to do, what are you making me responsible for, and how low do you expect me to go!?".

hey dan, are you made of sugar and afraid you might melt?
:)

Last edited:
treemandan, must be nice to be able to pick your jobs. Most of us need to support a family and take anything that's halfway decent. Sounds like you should work for yourself. Just as long as you can meet your own standards.

Oh I am just busting on the guy who posted this ad, he busted on me for something I can't even remember and it is almost impossible for me to meet my own standards so I gave up long ago.

If you started off talkin that melt in the rain crap with me I'd say "drag yer a$$" and dont let the door hit it either!

One big freezing drop landed on my neck this morning and it started early. Very slippery rope climbing but hung in there to get it done by 1, went home a started FIRE! Been here ever since.

:clap:
honestly, if i can avoid the rain i will. i don't like climbing in the rain. i've done it- lots. i will try to look at work or do some billing or trim some crab apples or something like that. maybe i'm turning to sugar! i know i'm getting older. and while i might be getting tougher, i'm also getting wiser. when i used to work for a company, i would be resentful that the boss would make me climb wet, slippery trees. i would #####, blah, blah, blah... it's nice having the option now. i have my men do ground pruning in the rain and let 'em off early. after 5 hours in rainy weather, most guys gonna get #####y. i know we got some real go getters around here so i'm not referring to you. yo guys go ahead and work till dark, i'll bring dry socks!:)

thanks for the chuckle,
kevin

well guys.................

i worked for treeMDS wednesday and thursday this week.he is a great guy and i learned a lot working from him.everything went smooth and he knows his stuff.

unfortunately my location and schedule do not permit me to work for him on a full time basis but i would if i could.

thanks again treeMDS!

Back